A small group of people scattered around the world dedicated to keeping one story alive.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Everything and Nothing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Everything and Nothing   Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Aw, new first story on the new site.
--

Ring ring. Ring ring.
Click. "Hello?"
"I want to see you."
"Wait. Hold up. What did you say?"
"I need to see you."
"Ha! I'm surprised you asked. Where are you?"
"I...I don't really know."
"Don't worry about it. I'll go anywhere."

She wasn't remarkable. She didn't stand out from the crowd. She was just a normal teenager. In another life, if she was born a male, she would have been named Bartholomew. But now, she preferred that no one know her name. She was of average height and had a feminine charm, at least that's what her friends and family told her, that she kept carefully hidden under baggy dark clothes. Her fashion sense was different though she says its nonexistent. Today, she wore a pair of black cargo pants with a simple brown belt to keep them on her hips, a light gray shirt, and a black coat with blue fringes that reached until her knees. A pair of heavy military boots were laced halfway up her shins and the clopped on the ground every time she took a step. Rubber bracelets fell over each other in attempts to be noticed on her wrist, as she had so many of them. Her dark hair fell just before her shoulders and stuck out at the ends no matter what she did. The only time she was satisfied with her hair was when she just woke up. Her dark, piercing eyes seemed to alternately praise and devalue whatever and whoever she sees with just a tilt of her head.

At the moment, she was walking down the road beside the local river. She missed the sight of the river after being stuck at school and work for so long. It was like only now, she had some time for herself. The sky was clear and a perfect light blue today. The day was perfect. Even the river looked cleaner than it usually was. For once, she felt peaceful. No projects piling up on the back burner. No errands to run. No orders to deliver. It was just her own life to live. At least for now. A pair of headphones were perched on her head, playing an assortment of songs you wouldn't expect to find on a girl's Mp3 player. But then, she didn't always look like a girl. From behind, one would think she was a teenage boy with her slouched stance and boyish clothes. It wasn't until you passed her and looked back that her face, still too feminine, would give her away. Well, her face and the fact that her clothes could not conceal the bugle of her breasts.

Today, she walked along the riverbank, watching the cars that passed by on the road to her left and debris float by on the river to her right. Her best friend had called her in the middle of the night. She sounded like she was in trouble and needed someone to talk to. Of course, how could she say no? She was as loyal as a dog though her emotions were like a roller coaster of confusion. She almost never stuck to one opinion, and tended to be nice and caring one minute then reprimanding and a total bitch the next. She didn't mean to of course. She couldn't help it, and she hated herself for it. Only one person accepted her for all her faults and weaknesses, and that person needed her. She would go through Hell and back if the one she cared about called. There were two other people she loved, but she drove them away. She didn't mean to. It just happened and now, she thought it best to let them go. Her kind, sometimes cocky smile hid her shattered heart.

At times she would look at all she has done say that she doesn't have a heart. That she doesn't know how to love, and just didn't need it. Whether that was really true, she didn't know either. She hid behind lies so complete she thought they were truth at times. Her best friends told her she was a mystery, and it was true. She was a mystery even to herself. She was everything and nothing all at the same time. Ah well. She shook off the thought. No time to worry about that now.

You're automatic and you're heart's like an engine.
I die with every beat.
You're automatic and your voice is electric.
Why do I still believe?
There's no real love in you.

The lyrics of one of her favorite songs broke through the shroud of her thoughts. It was as if they were accusing her. She felt nothing. A cry was insincere, a laugh was fake, and love was a lie. But it was all true...Wasn't it? She knew it to be true...

I carry your picture deep in me.
Back to you on a thousand seas.
Back to us.
Don't you loose your trust in your beliefs.
Just trust me.
We have to go a thousand oceans wide.
One thousand dark years where time has died.

Trust? She was told she was untrustworthy. Was she really? She tried so hard to be good, but it was a mistake. It was that one time. Just one mistake, and everything fell apart. Never to be repaired. She hoped something could be saved.

Am I your one and only desire?
Am I the reason you breathe or am I the reason you cry?
Always I just can't live without you.
I love you, I hate you, I can't get around you.
I breathe you, I taste you, I can't live without you.
I just can't take anymore, this life of solitude.

She sighed. Several possible futures all destroyed with no hope of coming true all because of her. Was she that bad? Was she a liar and a schemer like they said she was? Did her own confused, broken heart mean nothing?

Please don't drift away from me.
Please don't drift away from me...

She knocked on the door to her friend's house. Her friend hauled open the heavy wooden door and pulled her into a tight hug.

"You came! Thank you so much!"
"No problem. I told you I'd come if you called me, didn't I?"
"Yeah. Yeah you did."
"So what up?"
"I just needed to see you. I really miss you."
"I missed you too..."
"What's wrong?"
"Heh. Looks like I'm the one who needs help."

--
Happy Friday the 13th
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything and Nothing   Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:08 pm

Is there gonna be more to this?
Back to top Go down
http://blackthunder.secretsstories.net
KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Everything and Nothing   Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:11 pm

Nope. That's it. The end.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Everything and Nothing   Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:24 am

Awwww I loved this story, really good you should more you know that?

PostSubject: Re: Everything and Nothing   

Back to top Go down

Everything and Nothing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Thunder :: Fun :: Stories-
Jump to: