Black Thunder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small group of people scattered around the world dedicated to keeping one story alive.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Realm of Infinite Stars

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

The Realm of Infinite Stars Empty
PostSubject: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:52 pm

An endless sea of stars
A chaotic war of wills
An infinite battleground
Where dreams collide

Two siblings
Neither knowing their destiny
Embark on a grand journey
Into

This Rp is a space age rp, for Onee-Chan and I.
oh but TS feel free to give me advice to post better.

Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Nice intro. Feel free to start when you feel like it ^^
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: The Beginning   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:36 pm

"I'm trapped."

Millions of years ago a small planet called Earth invented a way to travel into space. Thousands of years ago they began to colonize it. Hundreds of years ago other sentient lifeforms were discovered to have invented similar technology. 15 years ago I was born. And today, I'm trapped.

My name is Illiander Rainmerle. I'm 15 years old, and I live on the planet Altair in the Reigos sector. This sector is name after the man who discovered it, Lord Reigos. Under Space Pioneering Law, he is entitled to own this sector and do with it as he pleases. It's because of that my sister and I live in poverty. It's because of that my 'friends' are all slaves, it's because of that my Mom left us, and why my Dad's an alcoholic. I live in hell every day bearing this planets mineral mines to fuel Lord Regios' military machine. One day I'll free myself and my sister, then together we will travel through space, the Realm of Infinite Stars.

( 3rd person, how this rp will probably play out )

Illiander sat atop the roof of his house, the term house being used loosely. It was a shack made of wood, the boards were crooked the nails were rusty, it needed a new coat of paint and it smelled like alcohol and cigarettes, but it's all he had. turning back to the dark sky he smiled at the twinkle of a million bright stars. He watched with excitement and a bit of jealousy as he watched a small ship take off darting across the stars. How he'd love to one day travel those same stars, in his own ship. He sighed contently to himself fully enveloped in his thoughts. "Goddamnit boy!" Illiander jolted upright his fantasies shattered around him by the grim voice of reality. His Father. "Damnit Illiander. " The gruff man yelled cigarette burning in his mouth, he had an angry wrinkled face with coal coloured eyes, a scruffy black beard with plenty signs of age, and his hands were sandpaper, worn down by years of hard labour on Altair. "How long do you plan to waste you time on the goddamn roof!" Illiander turned to face if face, a slight submissive look in his face as he looked down at the roof not wanted to make eye contact. "Go do something damn useful for once and get some work down in the mines!" Illiander's heart skipped a beat as he scrambled down to the edge of the roof and hopped down onto a pile of cut timber he used to ascend in the first place. "err yessir!" he spoke so fast his words slurred together. Illiander looked completely different from his father, soft blue eyes that shone like water, skin so smooth and pale it appeared to be illuminated, his blue hair was messy, not scruffy like his father's black hair. His dad looked him over with no attempts to hide the detest in his eyes. The boy looked too much like his mother. His mouth formed into a scowl. "Well whataya waiting for? Get!" He said with a wave of his strong arm. He didn't need to say it twice. Illiander was gone running to the mines.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:03 pm

Luna Rainmerle hid behind one of the stunted, gnarled trees that lined the way between their house and the mines. She was 17 years of age while her brother was 15. Her hair was like her father's, black as a starless night, though hanging in an elegant flow past her shoulders while his was scruffy and unkempt. Her hair also had an odd red streak that tended to fall onto her face. It was like a ray from the rising sun cutting through the darkness. Her bright red eyes, so in contrast to her brother's blue ones that no one would suspect them related, were narrowed in concentration as she waited for her brother to run by. She usually hid among the trees at the time their alcoholic father would tell them to work in the mines. She preferred it here immensely compared to the shack that stank of booze and cigarette smoke. Illiander ran past her so fast she almost missed him. Luna bolted from her hiding place and easily caught up with her younger brother. "Illi! What took you so long? Did dad yell at you?" Luna asked between breaths as they ran for the mines.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:18 pm

Illiander's eyes lite up like stars when he heard his sister's voice. He tried spinning to face her, but he was running so fast he nearly spun out. "Ah woah!" he failed his arms around trying to regain his balance. All was for naught as he felt himself tipping over he opted to changed from wild chaotic flailing to brace himself for the coming impact of him, and the ground. After crashing to the ground he let out a groan of pain, then slowly sat up again announcing to the world he was still alive, for better or for worse. Embarrassingly enough for him, his sister was right in front of him. "Oh uh, hey Onee-chan." he felt his cheeks redden from embarrassment. He turned his head away to try and hide it. "Oh uh yea dad yelled at me Luna." He sighed looking down at the dirty clay soil ground beneath him, yet not opting to lift himself off it. "I was, up on the roof, watching the stars." He bit his lower lip in anticipation of his next few words his ships crashing like waves against a rock. "and the ships go by." He managed to silently cough out.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:24 pm

Luna easily slid like a stop and nimbly sidestepped when her brother started flailing. He tended to do this when she sneaks up on him, which was all the time. She sighed, resting her weight on one leg and glancing up at the stars. "The ships again?" she asked, and bent over to pick her brother up. "Don't worry, we'll get to go on one someday. Then we'll finally be away from this dump." she hissed, her red eyes almost glowing in the dark. Her skin, seemingly illuminated just like her brother's, seemed to add to the effect. "Now come on, get up! If we don't work, we don't get paid. If we don't get paid, dad will yell at up again and we'll have a shorter chance of getting on one of the ships." She dusted off her brother's clothes and, with a smile, set off at run towards the mines again. "Catch me if you can, Illi!"
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:37 pm

Illiander was left with mixture of part surprised, part confused look on his face as Luna sped off without him towards the mines. Finally grasping what had happened a smile tore it's way onto his face as he raced off hot on his sister's trail. Luna was the older sister, and that meant giving Illiander pep talks when he needed it, and Illiander wasn't going to lie. She was damn good at it. His smile turned into a toothed grin as the mines came into sight, several large cavernous entrances scarred the cliff side as monstrous machines dug, drilled, and blasted into the earthy rock extracting huge quantities of ore from it. Illiander had seen this same sight probably about a thousand times, each time the surrounding area became more and more whittled away. However this time there seemed to be way more machines, and way more people as well. He shook his head and pumped his legs trying to keep up with Luna. He'd talk to her about it when it came time for a break.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:45 pm

Luna slowed down as she reached one of the entrances to the mines. She turned back to her brother, at the same time fixing her dark hair into a high ponytail with a thin band to keep it out of the way of the machines. She certainly didn't want to get scalped in a place like this, or at all anywhere for that matter. "Hey bro, which sector are we going to be in today? I forget." In reality, she did know, but she detested working in these mines though she knew she had to. Luna used this casual conversation to delay having to go down to the dark depths of the planet to dig for minerals to fuel the greedy lord's machines even for a few seconds. The low hum off the drilling machine's automatic hearts that bounced off the earth walls seemed to Luna like the growl of the earth itself waiting for them to venture deeper to the core and be swallowed up forever and be lost and trapped and forgotten till they died. Luna shook her head slightly, her features setting into a more confident expression to hide her anxiety. She had her brother. She'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:59 pm

Illander skidded to a halt next to his sister, this time without all the complicated arm flailing. Looking up at her he pursed his lips. "what sector? uhhh. hold on lemme think." Putting his fist to his mouth in a sort of thinker's pose his eyes lost in thought. " Sector 12, there was a huge tunnel collapse in sector 13 so we're heading back to some of the old tunnels. I remember now." He smiled half-heartedly at her. He looked up at her with a nervous excitement in his eyes reaching out he gently clasped his hand around hers and squeezed it. "I'm sure we'll hit big today sis." He said in a quiet, but happy voice. Reaching his other hand back to fix his hair. "Then we can leave, me and you together." Holding his sister's hand at his age out in relative public was embarrassing, but Illiander felt a sense of relief of comfort when doing so. Like the connection between them was stronger, strong enough that they could overcome any obstacle, and Illiander knew, that it made Luna feel better too. Hey even if he was the younger one he still had to look out for his older sister.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:13 pm

Luna smiled. Her stupid little brother always knew how to make her smile, even if he didnt know it. She wrapped an arm around her brother's shoulders and they walked together towards their assigned sector. "Adventuring through the endless universe...as space pirates!" Luna said with a chuckle and matching grand hand gestures. She laughed regardless of the looks they were given by the other workers milling around nearby. Her laughter also hid the fear and anxiety that being with her brother could never completely erase. She still hated going underground to the harsh working conditions, but what choice did she have? They needed the money, and Luna would work hard to get the both of them onto one of the ships he loved so much.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:23 pm

Illiander's eyes shone at Luna's grand portrait of what they would do when they got their own ship. A smile played across Illiander's face, it was a childishly joyful grin, and yet one of devious nature. " You know Onee-chan, I've been reading the space laws. Remember the Space Pioneering Law I told you about? The one the discoverer have complete control of the system? Well I read a section, errrrr." With that the deviousness dissolved and all that remained was pure childish fun. "Oh yea, paragraph 11, "A Feudal Lord must take His or Her own responsibility in defending their sector." He looked up into his sister's crimson eyes as they walked past countless gruff, disgruntled, and downright sickly miners. "you know what that means right?" The oceans in his eyes showing expectancy.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:30 pm

Luna's streak fell down over one equally red eye as she dipped her head, looking sideways at Illiander. Her crimson red eyes glowed almost fiercely. "If you mean we sabotage one of the Altair planet defenses to make them think they are under attack, sneak into a repair hangar and steal a docked ship, then pilot said ship into the unknown, then find an unconquered planet of our own to rule, yes. Yes I do." Then she looked up, and the darkness in her eyes was gone, replaced with an honest smile. "If you meant something else, feel free to fill me in."
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:38 pm

Illiander's blue eyes shown in response to Luna's fierce glow. " Indeed, and maybe after we've gotten strong enough we can attack this sector. After all the Reigos sector defence is Lord Regios' responsibility." He said in a quiet whisper. " So then sister." He smiled talking in a much more audible voice. "shall we get to work?" He smirked picking up a couple of picks left in the ground near a tunnel. He shook his head, this is the level of technology their using? Tossing his sister one he laughed. "Come on sis it's the Old Age experience." He chuckled as he struck the pick into the slab of rock. If he couldn't have his freedom, yet. He could at least have his humour.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:50 pm

Luna took the offered pick with a sarcastic smile and started to hack away at the stone wall, hoping to strike a vein of the precious mineral they were sent to dig in this hell hole fore. They were in the time where spaceships roamed the universe and alien race traded with each other, and they were using ancient pick axes. Luna channeled her anger and frustration at the uncaring greed of Lord Regios and how his rule was tearing the planet and its people apart into her work. Time passed in silence broken only by the rhythmic ping of metal striking stone.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:01 pm

Time passed at an irritably slow rate for Illiander, having to breath stuffy underground air, using pick axes to mine a mountain, and all the while Reigos was profiting off this building up his armada. Finally after what seemed like eternity, but in reality was 6 hours a loud whistle blasted through the tunnels echoing off walls of the cavernous space. Immediately people began to drop their pick axes, groans of exhaustion arose from the tired miners as they all began to move their stiff bodies through the tunnels. Illiander dropped his pick axe with a resounding thud, then began to crack his various stiff joints, fingers, neck, and back. "Okay sis." Illiander groaned while stretching. "We are done." Patting her on the back. " wow, good work today you really carved this wall apart
he said looking at Luna's handiwork. " Okay come on I wanna hang out with you." He said grabbing Luna's arm and practically dragging her out of the stuffy mine shaft.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:08 pm

Luna dropped her pick ax and looked at the stone wall as if it was the first time 6 hours she's seen it. She had bee chipping away at the stone in a daze and her mind had been elsewhere for hours. Apparently, she had carved herself a little tunnel at least five feed high and six feed deep in the span of time it took for their shift to end. She left Illiander drag her away as she shook the cobwebs from her mind. "Uh, what? Yeah, okay. Lead the way, bro."
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Illiander looked back at his Sister Luna. He chuckled when he saw the glazed look in her eyes. "Hello Illiander to Luna, can you read me?" Jokingly waving his arm in front of her. "Wake up and smell the semi-fresh air!" He dramatically waved his arm outwards to what was known as 'outside' the air quality wasn't perfect, as Illiander said. What with all the machines running, but anything was better than the inside of that mine shaft. Dragging his sister for another great distance, to the area invaded by gnarled trees near their house. "Did you notice anything strange today while in your zombie trance?" He said poking a bit of good humoured fun at Luna. "Maybe something like, I dunno. The dramatic increase in machines in staff today?" Spinning his heels he turned himself dramatically facing away from Luna. " Or perhaps, even. that strange cloaked guy talking to the manager? " He smirked, his keen eyes had spotted the guy miles away. After all poor people general have good eyes for things, and in the grand scheme of things The ground was richer than Illiander and Luna.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:23 pm

"Wait, what?" Luna immediately snapped out of her trance and bounded after her brother, wrapping her arms around him from behind and leaning her head on his shoulders. "What cloaked guy? Where? Did you catch what he was saying?" she asked quickly, her curiosity overcoming her exhaustion.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:30 pm

Illiander crossed his arms leaning back into his sister's arms. " Oh so now you're interested?" a proud and confident smirk shone. He knew he had her attention and at this point he could kill her in suspense. "Welllll, I dunno they were kinda far away, you know speaking in hush hush tones and all that." Smirking as he watched her expression. "However," He held his finger up to raise a point. " I did catch a glimpse of what the guy in the cloak looked like." He paused dramatically, to let the information sink in.
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin
Tainted Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:33 pm

(Just wanted to compliment you guys on the start of this story it's pretty compeling and Shade brilliant posts. Can't wait to read the rest guys)
Back to top Go down
http://blackthunder.secretsstories.net
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:50 pm

"Dammit Illiander Rainmerle! Out with it! What did he look like?" Luna shook her brothers shoulders violently. She hated being teased like this, especially by her brother who knew exactly how to get on her nerves. "I know you were paying attention, so quit hiding it and tell me!"

(thank TS)
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Illiander's expression turned panicked suddenly found himself being trashed around. He grabbed onto his sister tryign to stop the shaking. " Okay okay The guy hanging around the mines was a Zaradin!" He shouted out. Illiander sighed and looked up at his sister. "Jeez, you're crazy you know that?" but he still smirked waiting for the information to sink into Luna's head. She could be a little slow after a long day of mining.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:46 pm

"A...Zaradin? Here?" Luna muttered, letting go of Illiander and putting her hands on her hips, trying to spot the cloaked man from afar. "What would a Zaradin want on this miserable planet?" she stretched this way and that, just like a cat, popping stiff joints and shaking her limbs out.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:57 pm

Illiander shivered as Luna popped her joints. the distinct crack was a delightful noise strangely enough. Once again a cool smile played across his face as he hopped on Luna's back while she searched for the Zaradin. with a moment of preparation he pounced, "Look over there!" He shouted to her, despite their relatively close proximity to one another. His arm shot out in the direction of the clearing. There in the distance a man known to the miners only as the administrator was discussing with a tall humanoid wearing a plain grey cloak. The cloak was old and ragged looking, kinda like their dad. ( lol ) After a while of conversing the Grey cloak held his arm out as if to shake. That's when Illiander's eyes narrowed, it wasn't a human arm it was a thick red arm seemingly covered in red plated armour.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:05 pm

Luna almost fell from the sudden weight of her brother on he back but she held her ground and felt another couple vertebra pop that she had missed. "Dammit, Illi! What if he sees you? And get off, you weight a ton!" Luna shrugged Illander off and stared into the distance where Illander had pointed. Her eyes weren't as keen as her brother's but they did the job. The cloaked figure was indeed humanoid, though its limbs were covered in a reddish plating. "He is a Zaradin...What does the big red ant want? What do you think, bro?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Realm of Infinite Stars   The Realm of Infinite Stars Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Thunder :: Fun :: Role Play-
Jump to: