A small group of people scattered around the world dedicated to keeping one story alive.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Black Thunder

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:59 pm

Hee trudged back into her house to find Rin in her bathroom, covered in blood and taking her clothes off. "R-Rin, what the hell!" Minhee spluttered, hastily moving away from the open door and out of sight. "What are you doing?!"
"What's it look like I'm doing?" Rin answered from inside. The squeak of a knob and sudden sound of water told Hee that her friend was in the shower. "I got that bastard's blood all over me. Hey, can I borrow some clothes? Gotta wash the blood out of- ah hot! Hot!"
"Alright, alright. I'll see what would fit you. And Rin?"
"Yo?"
"Why's the door open?"
"I had to know when you'll get back so I could ask you for clothes, duh."
Hee rolled her eyes and reached inside to close the door and give Rin some privacy. What she saw made her heart race and blood rise to color her pale cheeks. "Y-yeah um...Come to my room when you're done." she said quietly into the crack of the door. Rin may or may not have heard her friend's soft voice over the sound of shower water. But she scrubbed dirt and blood off her slim body with a knowing smile.

Takara walked the streets, quite aimlessly, into she bumped into the back of a battered t-shirt. Muttering a hasty apology, she looked up and saw a familiar face.
"Brother! What are you doing here?" she asked. Lucien didnt move, only continued to stare at the bar across the street. It was a lonely looking place called the Plastered Patron.
"Brother, what-"
"Shh Takara. An unseen force is in there. More powerful and more maddening than even I can accomplish." Lucien's voice was tinged with worry. Takara looked into the bar and could make out the silhouette of the girl who threatened Maya earlier at school.
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:18 pm

"And who is your mast-" Cody paused as Curiosita grasped his shoulder and shook her head.
"What is your master?" She asked stepping forward, the thought of willingly becoming somethings puppet frightened her but bleak was not the time to act on that fear.

Ona stepped out onto the busy side walk of downtown Jump City, she wore a yellow cocktail dresss and black high helled ankle boots.
Back to top Go down
http://blackthunder.secretsstories.net
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:26 am

"My Master, is a being perhaps too incomprehensible for you to understand right now. He is powerful, and not of our plane I suppose is the easiest way to put it." Henri tilted his head in contemplation, "Though I will have to discuss with you on a later date the full details of him, know that if he ills it I will be in touch." Henri turned to walk away briefly locking 'eyes' with the daemonic force across the street. Henri turned to make his way downtown.

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:22 am

Takara watched Henri pass her and Lucien and head down the street.
"Brother, what was that all-" she started, and noticed that Lucien was no where to be found. Again. Biting back a stream of swears, she headed into the bar. After Henri had left, it was quiet and very empty. Cody and Curiosita didnt seem to notice her come in so she meekly went up to them.
"Uh, hi. Is everything okay?"

While Rin took her shower, Minhee laid out what clothes she thought would fit her friend's broad shoulders. It wasnt much, but she laid them out on her bed and went back to scribbling notes and spells. She clucked her tongue as she thought of the opportunity gone to waste. Well, it would have been a very stupid idea to rush in when unprepared. She hadnt even memorized the spells she needed or fashion a suitable containment or control device. She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didnt hear the door creak.
"A jacket with tassels? Seriously?" Rin asked from beside Hee's bed.
When Hee turned around, her pale skin flushed red and she turned right back to her book. Rin wore a towel that hung off her hips and exposed an expanse of flat yet tough muscle at her midsection. She held up another towel to dry off her short hair and it barely covered her flat chest.
"U-uh neh. I bought that from a Korean store. I think it would fit you." Hee stuttered.
"Looks like something straight from a music video." Rin mused. The sounds of cloth rustling told Hee that Rin was now more naked than when she walked in.
"Oh yes, cargo pants! Score!" Rin said as she slipped on a pair of baggy pants. It was a size too large for Rin so it sagged and showed a peek of her underwear. "This is too big on you. Why'd you even have it?"
"That was a botched birthday gift."
"Mh-hmm. Thanks for the clothes." Rin patted Hee on the shoulder, and the necromancer sensed it was safe to look now. The baggy pants, faux-military jacket with its sleeves hiked up to the elbows, a black tank top, and Rin's general figure made her look....really good. Hee's gaze kept going from her clothes to Rin's choppy short hair, still wet from the shower, and Rin's general body.
"I know that look." she said with a sly smile.
"Mwo?"
"You like what you see."
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:18 am

(I own a few military jackets with tassels...)

The sun was beating down on Ona's alabaster skin as she walked down the street, her mini-boots clicking against the sidewalk in a rhythmic beat with each step she took. With her package still a no-show she was forced to venture into uncomfortable territory. As her hand gripped the long metallic door handles she caught a glimpse of herself in the thick framed glass before her, the strenuous efforts had taken their toll on her. As much as she had tried to keep fit without alerting the doctor the time spent in her chair had eaten away at her muscle mass, her canary coloured eyes stared back from hallowed holes, her face gaunt and sickly. Her frame so thin that they little yellow dress which had been a wardrobe staple and personal favourite for many years seemed to only hang against her body with sheer will, leaving the fabric to swamp her and leave her looking shapeless. The strapless dress also revealed another truth she had attempted to deny the time spent in the sun had not tanned her like it would so many either instead it had left an array of freckles splattered across her shoulders and a few streaking across her nose.
"Maybe some new clothes?" She muttered to herself. Her train of thought was unpleasantly derailed when she noticed an ebony woman opposite the door waving excitedly at her, like a small child whose mother had just come home.
Tia Her face beamed a polite smile but inside the snide thought of her name made her stomach twist. Tia was like a bubble of- the dictionary has yet to invent a word for her, but her incessant cheerfully state annoyed Ona more than anything else on the planet. With a deep breath the small girl steeled herself for the encounter and entered the Jump City Bank, Lunarcorp.

The squeak of the young girls voice made Cody jump, how long had she been there?
"Yes, we're fine" He replied, quickly dismissing her. Curiosita straightened up and locked eyes with the intruder, a menacing look like an animal's last defence.
"What is it you want?" Her tone was steady but with a rasp, her eyes puffy and blood shot. She unconsciously smoothed her golden hair with her fingers, trying to present some semblance of authority.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:47 pm

As Shiva absentmindedly strolled through the city she spied a familliar face 'Wait that's the girl in the chair who gave me the money!' Shiva gleamed over in her direction walking up to her. "Excuse me miss, are you the lady I saw before?" Shiva looked up at her with a smile on her Face the girl had really made her day.

Shade looked at the corpse of the young man police had discovered just outside of a string of well off homes, he had seen the scene as it unfolded, and the police were now beginning to go door to door to ask the locals if they had seen anything about the murder. That's right murder the boy's throat had been slashed and police at the scene were suggesting that he hadn't seen it coming as the attacker came at him from behind and slit his throat, there was no struggle. Shade smiled eerily in the shadows.

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:16 pm

"No officer, we didn't hear anything. Yes, we'll alert you if anyone suspicious shows up."
Hee waved the police officer off with her most innocent look. As soon as the door was closed, her face soured. "Rin, did you have to dump the guy near my house?" she asked testily.
Rin lazily rolled her shoulders. "His body had to be somewhere where the police could find him."
"Why? You could have chucked him into the basement!"
"Trust me, its fine this way." Rin replied, turning her back on Hee and going back upstairs.

Takara held her hands up in defense. "I just wanted to try some drinks!" She looked around at the disarray of the bar, and back to the blonde girl. Her eyes were puffy red from crying. "I'm sorry, should I go?"
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:33 pm

Ona stared back at the girl in disbelief, Jump City was a big place what were the chances of this encounter? She released her grip on the door handle and found her voice, it came out hoarse as she struggled to find the words
"No-no I'm not, I don't think we've met before" She reached out to brush a lock of her blue hair back, her hand coming to rest on the girls head. A flash of images rushed through her mind accompanied by the pain of hunger, rejection and confusion.  Ona clutched her temple and winced at the oncoming head ache, her body was too exhausted from ripping out the Doctor's memories earlier that day and creating new ones to take their place. She sighed looking at the girl, overcome by guilt she nodded in defeat
"Yes, I am... What are you doing here?"

"Yes" Cody said abruptly as Curiosita stood up straight
"No, I'm fine... And you could use the business" She said with a smile of false bravery.  He knew the smile was for his benefit, but if he pushed it she would run away. Curiosita was not the type to openly display her pain with anyone.
"Fine... But you better have money, only she gets a tab" He returned to behind the bar and Curiosita returned to her barstool in front of him. It was almost as if Henri had never existed, a lie the two silently agreed to live with. Cody opened up a bottle and placed it in front of the blonde woman before looking back towards Takara

"What do you want to drink?"
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:55 pm

Shiva looked up brightly at Ona, she was talking to her nicely and not shunning her away. Her head felt woozy briefly as Ona touched her forehead but the feeling faded, "Well I uh, was just walking around thinking about what to do, then I saw you and ran over!" Shiva leapt out and gave Ona a tight but chilly hug letting go. "Thank you so much for earlier Miss. Shiva hasn't experienced much kindness in this mutaphobic city so what kindness she had received she held onto, like a talisman to keep the negative thoughts away.

Shadows moved from the crime scene, Kent's body had been moved to the morgue, photographers had come and gone. Dark shapes stretched towards one of the houses of this normally quiet suburb, slipping their way under the cracks of the front door and into the home. Invisible eyes watched two girls both many years younger than their observer discuss the murder. Someone who could talk about murder so nonchalantly and commit one so effectively had their use. The fire of ambition had lain cold for far too long in Shade, meeting Lucien had kindled small warm coals in the pit.

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Rin and Hee bickered for a few more minutes before splitting up with an exasperated sigh. Hee went back to her books while Rin edged past skele-dad to the kitchen.
"As if she doesnt randomly kill people for fun." Rin grumbled as she dug through Hee's fridge. "I know what she keeps in her basement."
Rin shivered slightly as she closed the fridge door, sandwich ingredients in hand. Her eyes sought the far corners of the room. "Could have sworn a shadow moved..."

"I um..." Takara stalled. "I dont really know. I kinda just wandered in here hoping to try something." she slid onto the seat beside Curiosita. "What can you recommend for a first timer?"
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:27 pm

The cold touch wasn't what shocked Ona, it was the affectionate contact by the girl who was essentially a stranger. This violation of her personal space caused her to react aggressively by striking her in the ribs with both hands, with no restraint on her assault she watched as the pallid woman went crashing into the side walk it wasn't until the sound of her body's impact against the sidewalk did she regain her senses with a sharp gasp of consternation
"I-I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to do that" Ona kneeled down beside Shiva and extended her hand to help her up.
Augh! That was so stupid of me!
The door alongside them swung open, allowing the pleasant heat of the buildings air-con slip into the cool air of the streets. Ona looked up -feeling the welcoming atmosphere of lunarcorp bank inviting her in, the luxury of wealth- and met with concerned chestnut eyes.
"Are you alright Latoya?" Asked Tia, she looked down at Shiva with disgust as the guard behind her slowly approached the scene.  Tia was the type of woman who put appearance above all else, she walked about with her dark hair in a neat bun-never a hair out of place- immaculate make-up from the most expensive products and a sickly thin body that would make aspiring models envious. To have a street urchin anywhere near her place of business or a client was a near unthinkable insult. Ona noted the look on Tia's face and reminded herself she had a role to play, her lifestyle depending on it and the slightest hint of her true identity would be met by swift punishment from her employer. Taking all this into account Ona surprised her urge to punch the aboriginal woman right in her painted up face and instead smiled sweetly as she helped Shiva to her feet.
"Everything's fine Tia, I'm just here to get some money out. I'm treating my old friend to a shopping trip"
"Oh" Tia said, and the change was instantaneous and so serve it was as if she had suddenly switched bodies with a sickly-sweet angle.
"Well then, welcome to Lunarcorp" She said helping the two inside
"The weather is so frightful outside, would you like a hot drink while we discuss your withdrawal?"
"Tea, earl grey, hot" Ona replied with a regal tone of voice, Tia only nodded and waved another employee away to fetch the beverage before turning her attention to Shiva, awaiting her commands.

"Give her the green fairy" Curiosita cheered.
"No" Cody replied quickly, shooting the blonde girl a harsh glance. He looked the girl over, clearly underage. Then again so was Curiosita. He counted himself lucky no police officers ever checked his bar, although if he ever was caught he was almost certain Curiosita would rescue him in a daring adventure. The thought of that frightened him more than prison. Reaching into one of the fridges behind him he pulled out a bottle with a dark blue liquid inside.
"Pre-mixed Vodka, it's blueberry flavoured" He said putting the drink in front of the young girl. Most young drinkers started off with drinks like these before moving up.
"Aw, lolly-water? That's so weak" Curiosita whined before taking a swig from her bottle. She smiled at Cody and reached up towards his shirt collar pulling him closer
"C'mon break out the Absinthe! It's so much better"
"A young lass like her couldn't handle it and I ain't cleaning up vomit... Or letting you take advantage of her drunken state"
She gasped in response, acting offended in a playful way as she pushed Cody back
"Why I would never do such a thing, your words wound me kind sir!" Curiosita looked over to Takara and winked

"Actually... You look familiar, haven't I seen you before?"
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:09 pm

Shiva felt disoriented she had just been on the floor and now she was inside of this large and extravagant building. Placing a hand on her head to steady herself she looked up at Tia, eyes slightly glazed over by the impact. "Oh um you're asking me? May I please have a hot chocolate?" She asked. Looking over at Ona she mumbled a pitiful, "I'm sorry, I think I fell over or something." The attack had been so quick and aggressive that Shiva hadn't had time to properly realize what had happened to her. Though she was going over it in her head slowly.

Shade slipped through the kitchen spying on Rin listening to her talk aloud, 'I love people who talk when they think they're alone. Now then what did she say about this house's basement? Judging from the skeletons, I'd say we have a necromancer about, it isn't this girl it must be the other.' With great curiosity Shade slipped his way towards the basement of the house.

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:25 pm

"Shibal, this book doesnt have everything I need! Umma!" Hee called, and the click-clack of bones on hardwood floor announced the arrival of her mother. "Umma, can you go down to the basement really quick and get me the big red book there? It should be on the desk. Oh, and the steel cuffs and rune sketcher. Kamsa."
Hee waved skele-mom out of her room and rooted through her desk for pen and paper. Time to draft some runes.

While Rin was fixing herself a sandwich, skele-mom passed the kitchen, opened the door, and descended into the dark basement of the house. The walls were of brick and mortar, and the floor was cold stone. The room was quite large, with several medieval hanging steel cages. An emaciated beggar wheezed a plea from one of the cages, then slipped back into unconsciousness. A pile of assorted bones was heaped high in one corner, and the from the wall hung various old iron tools and instruments. Hee had a fancy for medieval instruments of torture. On a bloodstained desk was a thick tome bound in red leather and etched with black runes. Skele-mom picked it up and cradled it gently in her arms, and picked up a set of heavy prison cuffs and a soot-blacked iron shard. Her click-clacked back upstairs to deliver the goods.

"You went to the high school earlier. You really gave Maya a thrashing." Takara answered, recounting the day's events. She poured herself a little of the blue liquid and sniffed it curiously. It smelled kind of sweet. She took a big gulp and swallowed. She clutched at her throat and chest as the vodka went down.
Burning burning burning!!!!
Her racking coughs came with spurts of blue and orange flame. Takara's eyes went wide and she hastily clamped her hands over her mouth when she realized what she had done.
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:23 pm

She doesn't remember? Did I shove her that hard...? I could get away with this! Ona watched as Tia walked away to fetch Shiva's beverage leaving them to enter her office. The office had sleek stark wall painted light silver with an abstract statue in the corner of some circular shapes intertwining, At the far end was two large brown leather chairs with a foot rest set in front of a circular glass table with a swivel chair behind it. Ona lead the girl to one of the chairs and sat opposite her with an heavy sigh
"Shiva, you didn't fall. I pushed you..." She stammered, avoiding eye contact with the girl she stared at the leather foot rest before them as she spoke
"I am really very sorry... But I'll make it up to you if you let me?" She looked up at the name plaque on the desk before them, 'Tia Brancroft' and it occurred to her what a large mistake she had made. This girl she barely knew had been invited into a large part of Latoya Lynch's life and in front of many witnesses all because she despised the way Tia looked at her. All that she knew about this girl was her name was Shiva and she was a meta, if she reacted badly to what Ona had said or done in front of these people Miss. May would find out send someone to kill Shiva- Or maybe make Ona do it herself- and then she would be reprimanded, no more Latoya Lynch. It would be back to living on the base as just regular Ona West. She shoot her eyes up towards Shiva, studying her expression unaware of the desperation on her own face.

Cody instantly backed away from the girl, his arms outstretched in front of his bottles of alcohol as if to defend them. Curiosita only laughed at his reaction and pulled the blueberry vodka away from Takara

"Please don't do that near my drinks" Cody asked nervously, serving minors was one thing that he could get away -maybe-  with but explaining an explosion to his supplier and insurance company was a headache he wanted to avoid more than anything.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:53 am

Shiva looked over at Ona, confusion rife in her expression, instead of acting in anger Shiva began sputtering apologies "I'm so sorry I must have done something I wasn't supposed to, I'm sorry please forgive me." As she continued the rest of Ona's words wormed their way into her head as she suddenly stopped apologizing confusion once again painting its way upon her face. "You're ....sorry?"

Shade eyed the book with great interest, 'So that is the necromancer's book huh? Interesting very interesting.' The shadow crept it's way back upstairs towards Hee's room Shade was curious to see what this girl was up to.

(bleh at least it's something.)

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:39 am

Skele-mom set the red book down in front of Hee and left the little necromancer to her work. Hee rearranged the junk and clutter on her desk so that the book lay front and center. She took a deep breath and with shaking hands, lifted the cover. The musty parchment bore harsh black lines in wild slashes. Pictures of long dead ancient runes and images of demons dominated full pages. Hee's eyes scanned the strange writing, her mind already lost in a trance of black magic.

Downstairs, Rin had her feet up on the coffee table while watching a cartoon channel. Her cheese and ham sandwich was mostly gone by the first commercial break.

Takara was confused. She just outed herself as a meta and the bartender only cared about her burning all his alcohol? She slowly removed her hands from her mouth once she was sure she'd stop coughing.
"Um...You dont mind that I'm uh...a meta?" she asked cautiously, looking at both Curiousita and Cody.
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:07 pm

"Yes, I shouldn't have done that... But I'll take your mad ramblings as an acceptance of my apology" Ona said with a small chuckle of amusement. The door behind them creaked as it swung open an unofficial announcement to the entrance of a lithe young man with pointed, angular features and melanic locks pulled back into a neat low pony tail.
"Hello, my name is Bryan Ballard" He greeted the two with a warm smile and a composure of elegance and refinement, a facade which was not quite as convincing as Ona's own. She looked at him with amusement - like watching a small child attempt to play house by creating small inedible meals from whatever can be dug up from the garden- it was adorable to watch him try to mingle with the upper class.
"Your tea Miss. Latoya" He handed her the small porcelain saucer with the tea cup nestled in the indentation So many new faces to adjust too she mused as she took the cup in hand and sipped at the sweet warm tea, just as she liked it.
"How long have you been working here?"  He seemed stunned by her words, as if offended by how easily his disguise had been torn away. As Bryan spoke his words came out in a fumbled ramble of nerves as his cheeks became stained lurid
"This is my first day... I moved to Jump City a week ago"
"A week and you already work for Lunarcorp? You must be lucky" As the words left her mouth Ona became perplexed by the expression of sheer dread on his face, had he realised that he was meant to serve from the right? Was it the realisation of what a powerful client he was serving? In actual truth it was neither, it was the words 'You must be lucky' Bryan Ballard was not lucky, he was the un-luckiest man on earth and her words were tempting the irony of fate. There were indeed those worse off than Bryan, women kidnapped from their families to serves the perverse pleasure of others, children disowned for no reason other than their existence, men struggling to make enough money to meet simple human needs; so who was Bryan to claim to be the un-luckiest man on earth? He was the boy who burnt down his house in a rube goldberg effect beginning with a defective coat hanger, he was the teenager who spent prom night in the hospital after a bee had been attracted to the corsage he had given his date leading to the discovery of her allergies, he was the young man who accidentally helped his co-worker discover their latent meta powers destroying a sizable chunk of his home town and forcing him to move half way across the country to Jump City.
"...Bryan?" A stoic drawl called his name bringing him back to the present, Tia stood in the doorway looking at him with confusion. He looked around, nothing had exploded, no one had swelled to the size of a air balloon, everything was fine... It was just paranoia.
"Oh, my apologies" He muttered and turned to Shiva with  large mug in hand
"Spanish hot chocolate, with marshmallows on top"

Curiosita only laughed at Takara's comment as she stood from her bar stool and made her way behind the young teen
"That'd make me a hypocrite" She whispered in her ear as the girl was levitated a few inches off her seat, a demonstration of her powers.  Cody shrugged- standing down from guarding his inventory- he didn't care who or what he served as long as he was paid, most of the time.
"I do care that someone with pyrokinesis isn't more careful around flammable objects" Scolded the white haired man but Curiosita just waved him off
"Oh come on Cody, when I was her age I'd wake up on a flying bed everyday... It's trickier then you'd think"
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:50 am

Drawing his attention back to his original purpose Shade drifted back into the living room, where Rin sat distracted and unaware of the goings on. The shadows rippled like the surface of pitch black water as a dark arm emerged from its murky depths. A second arm appears and both clasped onto the sides of this twitching mass of shadows pulling forth Shade, with his obsidian body gleaming red eyes and ever present smile stretched across. Pulling himself free of the world in between his bare foot felt the chill of the hardwood flooring as he crept closer to Rin from behind. Gleaming eerily at her clueless form, his slender arms reached out of instinct towards her fingers twitching to grab her throat and mouth to silence her as she had silenced the boy earlier. He halted his instinctual arms, he was not here for violence or some pathetic form of vengeance, no grand ideas and designs, schemes brought him to this murderer. Staying our of arms reach of Rin Shade ran a hand through his black hair, thoughts momentarily drifting to how monotonous his colour scheme was, and put on his best coy expression. "Hello Rin, I must say it's good to see how casual you can act after taking another life. I think you'll be useful to me." And so it begins he thought.

Shiva took the hot chocolate from the man in front of her, mumbling a quiet "Thank you," as she did so. Looking at Ona with a bit of confusion on her pale, malnourished face.

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:14 pm

Rin rolled over on the couch to look for the source of the new voice. She saw Shade standing there in all his ebony-skinned glory. Glancing at her the remains of her sandwich, she made a disgusted face and tossed it back onto the saucer on the coffee table. "Fucking trippy magic sandwich." she muttered as she got up to face the newcomer.
"Yeah, I have no idea who you are or how you know about that. Youre not a meta working for the police, are you?"

Takara yelped as she was suddenly lifted up off her chair. She giggled as she floated in air for a few seconds. "Well, fire isnt all I can manipulate. But I'm not very good at it just yet." she explained.
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:28 am

"Oh! Show us what else you can do!" Curiosita begged much to Cody's dismay, he gave her a warning glare and she chuckled nervously in response of his silent command.
"Outside!" She added with equal excitement and then she froze, her eyes glazed and wide as she stared into space. The bartender watched her in puzzlement, waiting for the next burst of insanity to come forth. He had to admit, she had endless ways of surprising her since meeting 3 years ago she had somehow managed to worm her way into his life and now was irreplaceable. Curiosita had stolen his date away and came back the next morning to apologise with a yo-yo to make amends, he still kept it in his bedside draw.
"Sidekick" She muttered quietly
"What?"
"Sidekick!" Curiosita screamed as she grasped Takara's shoulders tightly
"You are now my sidekick, we'll be like the wolf and Red!" She was referring to a married superhero duo which had disappeared nearly 15 years ago, but still Curiosita found herself obsessed with tales of their adventure.
"Wait... Were they actually sidekick and leader or just partners?" Cody chimed in, he only knew a little about the duo mostly pieced together from Curiosita's fan-girling.
"Duh! Red was the leader and Wolf was the sidekick"
"But Red was the chick...?"
"And?!" Curiosita snapped at him and he froze, sadly unable to keep the words from crawling from his mouth
"The guy usually leads... Right?"
"Oh no, Cody I am not going for your gender stero-type bullshit. Hell in this relationship I'm the leader, you're like my little brother or something"
"I'm older than you!"
"I'm more mature!"

Ona gave Shiva a reassuring smile for a brief moment as Tia took her place behind her desk, she shifted awkwardly in her chair which was clearly significantly less comfortable than the leather ones Shiva and Ona sat in. Bryan stood by her side -fading into the background- awaiting his next orders.
"I would prefer if we skipped straight to business, I have much to do today" Ona spoke once again with a regal manner as she drained her cup of the last remnants of earl grey.
"Sure thing Latoya" Tia waved her hand as she spoke her honeyed words and Bryan instantly swooped to Ona's side to collect the dish from her hands before swiftly making his exit. Her fingers clicked against the keys as she typed madly at the keyboard, the plastic smile never leaving her face.
"M'kay you know what to do, watch the birdy" She beamed and there was a small flash from the webcam on her desk.
"Same stunning face as always" Tia said as she continued to type, Ona gave her a false gratified smile but her eyes kept focusing on the expensive watch shackled to Tia's gaunt wrist, counting the minuets of how long she had been enduring her false compliments.
"And do you wish to share your password in... Present company?" Tia looked at Shiva with the same look that had drove Ona to defiantly drag the stranger inside.
"Don't Panic, forty-two"
"Correct!" Her voice bubbly and sweet as ever, two-faced Tia.
"Okay how much today?" Ona looked around the room, watching invisible numbers dance around as she weighed her options.
"$15,000 should do for today"

(The gender convo between Cody and Curiosita is based on one between me and my best friend)
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:33 am

(Wolf and Red eh? cute name)

"How did I know? Why I watched you of course." Shade leaned back against the hard wall of the room, ready just in case he needed to make a hasty withdrawal. Eyes trained on Rin's judging her, gauging her potential. "Like I said before, I think you'll be very useful to me Rin. I want you to work for me." 'what is a meta anyway?' Shade's mind wandered briefly as it usually does before returning to its task at hand. His eyes drifted to the entryway to the room, he didn't want any of the Necromancer's playthings interrupting his conversation and thus was keen to any approaching foot steps. "Let's just say I don't exactly fit into society quite as nicely as it would like me to either. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Shade." Introducing himself with a short bow.

Shiva could not shake the feeling that nobody else wanted her here but Ona, maybe. Gulping down a bit of her hot chocolate her eyes widened in delight and wonder as the tasty mixture crossed her taste buds. She had to force herself to keep composed and look as polite as possible. It felt familiar, strangely familiar to be putting on an outward appearance. It reminded her of how Ms. Hedders would line up all the other child and teach them how to act in front of adults. These lessons were slowly coming back having not been used in years. Sit up straight, hands on your lap, don't look anyone directly in the eye, and say as much as is asked of you. Shiva's hands tensed around the mug's handle.

As Curiosta scolded Cody on gender equality a pair of rough looking muscular men dressed in dark overcoats came into the plastered patron, they wore sunglasses inside the building regardless of lighting and frowns to match their sulking exteriors, the men mumbled to each other for a moment as one walked up to the bar counter, directly to Cody. "You's Cody right? The guy who owns this bar?" A gruff voice almost trying to rip the words from his throat trying to lower it enough to sound menacing.

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:43 pm

Rin discreetly patted the pockets of her borrowed cargo pants, and tried not to let her panic show. She left her hunting knife in the bathroom with her old pants.
"Shade, huh?" she said, stalling. "What kind of a name is that? And what do you mean work for you?" her every sense screamed 'danger', but the prospect of money caught her attention.

Takara giggled in Curiosita's grip, honestly excited about the prospect of friends who didnt call her a freak. She was about to let her curiosity over Red and Wolf get to her and ask more about them, when her words died in her throat at the sight of the two large men. She shrank back against Curiosita and watched in stunned silence.
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:16 am

"Aye, I's the guy. What would you like to drink?" Cody responded to the two, overly aware of Curiosita flexing her fingers on Takara's shoulder a sign that she was ready to hurl a mental blast at the two.  His own guardian as he was hers, an unspoken bond of willing sacrifice.

After a few more key strokes the machine spat out a few hundred notes and Tia gently placed them inside a small black case -similar a glasses case- with the Lunarcorp logo. She smiled as she handed the case to Ona who imediatley slipped it into her handbag.
"It was so lovely to see you again Latoya" Said Tia as she stood up from her desk, as she exited her office Bryan was instantly by her side.
"And you as well Tia" Ona said, her eyes fixated on the glass double doors before them. Bryan reached over and pulled the handle of the door for the ladies and was met with the barrel of a gun in his face.
"I believe you know what happens next" The masked man spoke with a distorted voice, before pushing his way into the bank.

Oh yes very lucky Bryan thought to himself as he stared at Ona with a look of frustration.

(Not a very good post but I'm still a bit wrecked, sorry guys... Also Blake do me a favour and let this guy rob the bank. Kinda important)
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:40 am

"What kind or name is Rin? Names are worthless really meanings that don't necessarily apply to the one that holds them having never choose it themselves. I choose Shade and it applies very well to me." Shade's arms spread outwards in a casual gesture as his eyes gleamed analyzing the young Rin for any signs of intent. Would she flee, attack, scream? It seemed she was at least interested in his words, or buying herself time to be discovered. Back to business, "Yes work for me, I want to build an organization dedicated to criminal enterprises. Heists, Assassinations, Blackmail, and other lovely work. I need a group of skilled individuals to get nearly as far as I want to this this project, I decided that you Rin, were a candidate with your recent murder, how easy it was for you, and how unaffected you were by it. It's rare to find that outside of raving psychopaths, they don't make good associates." Shade gave an eerily silent chuckle at his own little joke. "so what do you say Rin, do you have the talent to make yourself wealthy?"

Shiva didn't see the gun at first, but when she did panic flared up in her mind, her first reaction being to duck under the nearest piece of cover and make herself as hidden as possible, to avoid conflict and trouble would keep her alive she hoped.

The man stared down Cody with a heavy glare, "So you's Cody, alright then we've got and offer for ya, our oh... business association would like to offer your little bar here a bit of protection, since this is the crum section of town it's full of disagreeable types and we'd hate to see anything bad happen to an entrepreneur like yourself so if you gives us a fee our association will keep you safe, you don't have to but we can't guarantee you or your business' safety otherwise."

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Rin thought it over, weighing pros and cons. On one hand, her father and the police and all her military friends would kill her for the murder and all subsequent heists. She gulped at the thought of public execution. On the other hand, money and freedom to do whatever the hell she wanted. And she did really like money.
"What about Hee?" she asked with narrowed eyes.

Takara knew what this was. She saw it in movies, the rare times Lucien gave her enough money to go to the cinema. It was a shakedown. If Cody didnt pay, these guys would rough him up themselves. The greed and injustice was so insulting, she felt her face flush and palms grow hot. So hot, her clenched fists were emitting small streams of smoke. Because of her anger, Takara didnt notice her power, literally, beginning to flare up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   

Back to top Go down

Black Thunder
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Thunder :: Fun :: Role Play-
Jump to: