A small group of people scattered around the world dedicated to keeping one story alive.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Veiled Chaos

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:05 pm

The queen walked by the necromancer towards the wardrobe. "Yes, master." she said faintly. "I am beginning to...remember. Sera. Where is Sera?"
She pushed open the door to the wardrobe, wondering faintly why the wood felt cold to the touch.

(down in the dungeons, Sera is still beating Tieras's face in)
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:16 am

Yurean shrugged, "Your sister? she's in the castle I know that much, but specifically where I do not." Looking into the wardrobe at the vast majority of clothing that it contained, "I didn't realize the pair of you shared a wardrobe, well regardless I want you to look fantastic for your grand unveiling."

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:32 am

Haedria sifted through the hanging gowns and dresses in her shared wardrobe. Eventually she pulled out a long heavy gown in the Sagnian black and red. She ran cold hands on the velvet, pale fingers tracing the embroidery on the sleeves and chest. The queen stared a while at the gown, weighing it in her hands. It was the gown she wore for her own coronation. Now it was to be her attire to her own funeral. Her brows knit together in confusion. Her...funeral? And she was the queen, why had she been calling this soldier her master?
"My unveiling?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:41 am

Yurean nodded towards the Queen, "Yes your Majesty, your unveiling. I'll be showing you off this eve at the funeral being held in your honour." thrusting his arms into the air to emphasis drama.

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:48 am

"My...funeral?" the queen asked, confused. She didnt understand. How could she have a funeral. She was still alive. Wasnt she? Haedria continued to dress herself, taking a out underwear from a drawer and putting it on. She wondered where Sera was and why she was not at her side.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:52 am

Yurean let his arms rest at his side turning to shamelessly watch the Queen dress, "There was an assassin in the castle your majesty. The entire castle took you for dead. Yet you are not, it is a complex situation to explain quite properly but it can be summarised simply as, you did not escape the assassination unscathed." The Queen really did have an appealing body.

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:02 am

The queen nodded as she slipped the heavy gown over her head. Yes, that made sense. She had the wound, and memories of a dagger were coming back. Once the gown was one, she smoothed down her hair, and brought a hairbrush to it. "Will Sera be there?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:06 am

Again with Sera, she certainly had the concern for her sister. The love had not rotted away with death, which was fine. In fact it was comforting in it's own way. "Yes your sister will be at the funeral, though you'll find the situation to be quite different now. After your 'death' was confirmed, your sister was given an emergency coronation and is now Queen Sera" Walking behind Haedria he took the brush and began to assist in the brushing of her hair.

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:14 am

"Sera as....Sera is the queen?" Haedria was surprised. Was she indisposed for so long that they made her sister queen? Perhaps she was handling the responsibility well. Still, she wondered how Sera has been doing without her. The queen leaned back contentedly as her blood red hair was brushed. "What of the kingdom while I was...away?"
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:23 am

"Your Sister is the Queen yes, but worry not your Majesty surely they will return the crown once they see you have returned. However perhaps the council will want to keep your inexperienced sister in charge, she is losing her fire from what I've seen. Though the Kingdom is fine for far, the Princess isn't dealing with her grief very well." Yurean continued the brush the Queen's hair, it was still soft. Wonderfully so, and it smelled rich of blood, death, and aromatic oils. So exotic, so soft, so inviting. "The Kingdom however still stands and has yet to meet it's enemies in battle."

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:28 am

Thoughts of Theoleas, the war, the assassin, her kingdom swam through her mind. Haedria was not dead a full day and the problems had not changed. But Sera... The queen stood up suddenly, upsetting her master's brushing.
"Please. Take me to Sera." she said, pleadingly.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:37 am

"Gack!" Yurean shouted nearly toppling over at Haedria's sudden motions. "Careful!" he reached his hands out balancing himself. "I shall take you to Sera soon Your Majesty, as soon as she is found, I suspect she is searching tirelessly for your assassin. It would assuredly be easier to find her during your Funeral. which I will ensure is arranged this very eve. Actually the royal seal would probably get that done very quickly now that I think about it don't you?" Yurean looked up into his creation's eyes, beautiful orbs they were..

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:44 am

Haedria nodded as Yurean spoke. Yes. Yes, Sera would be present at her funeral. Knowing her, she would not miss it. But still, poor Sera. She was probably mad with grief at this very moment! Wait...
"Royal seal?" the queen asked, wracking her brain. Her gaze dropped to her signet ring.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:48 am

Yurean, "Ah yes the royal seal, just to deliver the council a message for funeral preparations you see. Now tell me how do you want your funeral planned out? I love funerals you see they are celebrations of life, it really need to be grand and splendid." Yurean smiled to himself.

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:20 am

"I've never gave much thought to it." Haedria admitted. She had always assumed she would rule Sagna well into her old age, although in hindsight she should have planned for any eventuality, such as Sera being made queen while inexperienced. And the matter of heirs. And coronations. And the economy. The queen shook her head.
"Whatever you deem appropriate, I suppose."
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:29 pm

Yurean held his gaze over Haedria as she left her funeral in his hands, "Thank you your majesty, I shall ensure that your funeral is the grandest celebration in all the lands. As well as all the other lands as well." With an elaborate bow he gently took her hand and placed his lips upon it drawing the ring from her hand simultaneously. "I thank thee for the ring your Majesty."

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:37 pm

Haedria nodded dumbly. Her master would handle everything, but now what was she to do? She looked at herself in the mirror. She was quite lovely in the gown. Blood red hair cascading over slim shoulders clad in black. It was befitting the grand celebration Yurean was making her funeral out to be.
"What am I to do till then?" she asked.

Sera was tired. Tieras could hardly breathe from the beating he took but he would live. Leaving her hounds to growl menacingly at the prisoner's feet, the princess took tore a length of bandage from a roll and bound her hand. She blinked. With Haedria dead, she was technically the queen. Her station was not official, as there had to be ceremony and whatnot. She had to appear before the council, nobles, other people and wear the crown. Haedria never wore her crown after her coronation. She had it kept in the castle's treasury ever since, opting instead to walk the castle without the stupid trinket to verify what was hers by right. Sera sighed and thought that the ornate gold band inlaid with rubies would be a great and terrible weight upon her.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Yurean smiled and placed a quill into the hands of the Queen, "You will keep hidden until it is time for the funeral Your Majesty, but before that I must have you write specific instructions that I am in charge of the funeral. That way I have no problems setting it up. Do write it as though you wrote it in the distant past."

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Haedria took the quill and a clean piece of parchment and began to write. The dull scratching of the quill melded into a soothing, strange rhythm as the note took form. It spoke of entrusting Yurean will all the preparations pertaining to the death and funeral of her, Queen Haedria, and its execution. When she finished, she folded the parchment neatly. All it needed now was hot wax pressed with her signet ring. She handed it off to Yurean politely.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:47 pm

Yurean took the letter and smiled, taking the wax candle he had light while waiting for the letter to be complete and poured a dollop of wax as sealant and pressing the royal seal unto the envelope. Placing the envelope unto a pocket of his he turned to the Queen, "Thank you your majesty, now please keep yourself hidden before the funeral I would hate to spoil the surprise of your return to the land of the living early." With that Yurean marched towards the room of the council confident and bold. He attempted to loo solemn as this was a time of mourning after all and the cheer of anyone would be held in the utmost suspicion. Approaching the council room Yurean allowed himself in and marched straight up to the councillors placing the envelope in front of them. "I come bearing wishes of the late Queen Haedria to be carried out immediately upon her death.

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:08 pm

The one female on the Sagnian council snapped up the letter, glaring at the soldier. "How did you come by this? Any instructions from the queen would have long been given to the council for safekeeping." she said as she tore open the seal and began to read. "Are you Yurean?"

Haedria idled infront of the mirror, gingerly running her hands over her face. She had the faintest idea that her skin, paler than she remembered it to be, would be cold. She had no desire for pleasures of the flesh. She wasnt even tired. The queen looked down at her slim fingers. How strange.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Yurean tilted his head at the female councillor, funny how he had served this kingdom for so long and yet he still didn't know any of their names, well they were worthless lumps of flesh anyway always bickering and the like. "I am Yurean, I bear the letter after all." Crossing his arms he tried to look frustrated.

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:19 pm

One of the other councilors looked over the letter. "It is Queen Haedria's handwriting. And it bears the royal seal."
The woman sighed heavily. "Fine then. Her orders will pass. Princess Sera is too indisposed to be bothered with her sister's funeral anyway. What do you require, Yurean? You will have it."
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:25 pm

Yurean bowed deeply to the 'wise' councillors. "Thank you very much for your support councillors," Pulling out of the bow he looked over each of the councillors, "I will require a fine coffin, the cooks to prepare fine meals, the nobility to arrive in dress, and the funeral will take place in the throne room as befitting the Queen. I curse this war from allowing me to prepare as I truly want but the ce, funeral shall be wonderful nonetheless."

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:45 pm

"An elaborate celebration." The woman remarked, eyebrow quirked. "You've neglected to mention when you plan this to take place."

In time, Sera learned everything about Theoleas. Tieras had admitted all the parts of his involvement, even narrating what had happened with Hamilcar's scouts. He also gave Sera information on the rest of his fleet and that even if he was killed there in that dank dungeon, there was nothing to stop the war.
Tired and hollow, Sera left her two hounds stationed just outside Tieras's cell. The rest followed her back to her chambers. Kicking open the heavy door, the princess fell face first onto the covers, groaning when a piece of paper hit her in the face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   

Back to top Go down

Veiled Chaos
Page 21 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Thunder :: Fun :: Role Play-
Jump to: