Black Thunder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small group of people scattered around the world dedicated to keeping one story alive.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Veiled Chaos

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24
AuthorMessage
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:39 am

Yurean looked at the crowd of applauding nobles and chuckled that their two-faced display. The quiet curses and frowns at the Queen's overly exaggerated death drew Yurean into a political mind. The Queen lived under his control so he could accomplish whatever he wanted. The question was what did he want? There were so many possibilities and little personal quests of his that needed fulfilling and having an entire kingdom at your disposal was certainly a powerful tool.

Elysia wiped a crocodile tear of joy from her eye as Sera embraced her now living sister and quietly she wondered what the hell would happen next.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:43 pm

Eventually Sera straightened, discreetly wiping away her tears with the swallow-tailed sleeves of her surcoat. She stood beside Haedria, but a bit closer than she normally would.
"The Queen lives!" she bellowed. "In celebration of this extraordinary event, there will be a feast!"
With a grand sweep of her arm, the servants clambered into action, setting the long tables for the guests with food and cutlery. Beaming with happiness, Sera beckoned Elysia to come to her.
Haedria smiled politely and acknowledged the nobles who came to her in greeting and wished her well. She stole glances towards the shadows, towards Yurean.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:49 pm

With a beaming smile Elysia walked over to Sera at her beckon and took her hand standing closer to Haedria than she would have liked, she kept her eye on the Queen looking for anything out of the ordinary. She didn't seem to be looking at her with too much disdain, yet.

Yurean quietly began melting among the small crowd of nobles, slithering closer to Haedria. 'I'd best not get too close,' he thought, 'I had better make sure she knows not to call me Master in public, it would be, problematic."
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Haedria looked to Elysia and saw how she stood beside her sister, how they exchanged glances, the look in Sera's eye. There was love there, raw and powerful. Haedria felt her chest constrict with jealousy, but it felt so foreign now. There were other things to think about. The queen saw Yurean approaching her subtly and was about to open her mouth to greet him when Hamilcar stomped up the dias, a large mug of beer already in his large fist.
"My queen of Ash and Blood!" he said, gesturing with his mug hand at Haedria. The beer sloshed over the rim and ran down his fist. "When I received the invitation for your funeral, how worried I was! Yet see how strong the monarchy is, no blade could fell you. Hail queen Haedria!" the large man threw his head back in a laugh.
Sera arched and eyebrow and her hand flew to her sword hilt. Just how many beers did Hamilcar have? The feast barely started. Haedria laid and pale hand on Sera's arm; it was alright.
"Thank you for coming, King Hamilcar." she said in a measured voice. "It is an honor to know you were so concerned."
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:04 pm

Elysia looked up at the giant man known as Hamiclar, keeping her polite smile upon her she said nothing as it is not the place of a concubine to address a king out of term. Quietly she slide her glance towards Sera. Tihtening the grip on her hand.

Yurean stopped when Hamiclar burst forth in front of Haedria carefully eyeing the giant.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:11 pm

The queen dismissed Hamilcar, but bid him and his men to move into the southern field of the castle grounds. Concerned, Hamilcar made to object, but the queen was stern. She had much to discuss with him and desired for him and his men to be within arm's reach. Sera excused herself once Hamilcar left to partake of the feast with Elysia. Haedria relented, and watched as the two made their way through the crowd, red hair among the sea of dark. Again, Haedria saw Yurean nearby and beckoned him closer. It would look like the queen summoning a guard and nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Yurean approached the Queen with stern face. Upon reaching the the Dais he bowed before her, "You summoned me Your Majesty?"

Elysia wrapped a hand casually around Sera's waist

(Hell yea, check out that fucking awestastic posting skill >.>)

Last edited by Shade_The_Shadow_Lord on Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:47 pm

(*waist)

The queen motioned to the crowd. Their spirits had lifted, though all in attendance wore somber clothes meant for a somber occasion. "The even is indeed majestic. Have I done my part satisfactorily?" Haedria said in hushed ones.
She bit her tongue before she could call the guard 'Master', though the impulse was strong, it was not the proper time.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:15 am

Yurean nodded, and relied with a hushed whisper "Yes your Majesty, as an aside I thank you for having the sense not to call me master in public. I think that little detail would be awkward to explain, which now that I mention it, the houndmaster did witness your resurrection. I don't know if he has told anyone yet or if they would believe him, but I'm sure your can imagine the inconvenience."
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:12 am

Haedria scanned the room for Kerza. She did recall waking up on a wooden table in a room that smelled of blood and wet dog. So it was Kerza's work table she had ended up on. She found the houndsmaster by the wall, looking rather pale. She caught his eye and raised a single finger to her lips. Kerza's eyes widened and he immediately dropped his gaze and nodded.
"He has been a loyal servant to the crown. Sera favors him, as he is trustworthy and tends to her dogs." the queen said to Yurean. "He will not tell a soul, as he knows there are some things that should be kept hidden."
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:08 am

Yurean knitted his brows as Haedria relayed this to him, "You just ... trust him not to say anything? Is that wise your Majesty? I'm not sure if I have the same regards for the Houndmaster as you do." People did after all tend to react poorly to Necromancy, something about disturbing the boundaries between life and death tended to send people into a tizzy.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:25 pm

Haedria raised an eyebrow, surprised. "You may not, but I trust the houndsmaster as Sera does. He will say nothing." she looked away, the motion relaying finality. That was all she would say regarding Kerza. The queen looked out over the hall and all its guests, easily finding red hair amongst the crowd. She turned to Yurean again.
"Is," she hesitated. "It is alright if Sera knows?"
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:30 pm

Yurean raised a curious eyebrow, noting the level of thought this creation of his had, and affection towards it's previous life. It must have something to do with just how fresh the corpse was, the brain probably hadn't the time to rot away, more than likely she was essentially just like a living person, save magical slavery to her necromatic patron. "Tell her what? That you really are dead? I suppose, go ahead, snatch away the hope and cheer I just gave her with your return. I'm sure she'll take it well. There is no possible way that Princess Sera could take this the wrong way, none." He spoke with heavy hints of sarcasm littered liberally in his tone.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:48 pm

The queen was taken aback. She had been so focused on explaining the truth of her return that she didnt pause to think how it would make Sera feel. Of course the princess would be devastated. If she found out her sister was a walking corpse, it would ruin her. No, Haedria could not put Sera through that. She nodded to her master, forgiving the sarcastic tone with which he spoke to her.
"Thank you, then, for returning joy to her." she said, watching as Sera was roped into a drinking contest with Hamilcar. "Although I've thought of the matter of heirs. Seeing as...with my condition..." she trailed off, her mind running faster than her mouth. Sera would have to produce an heir to the throne as Haedria could not. But that would mean Sera has to lay with a man. It sickened the queen.
With a sigh, she turned back to Yurean, a slave to her master. "Is there anything else you would have me do?"
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:17 am

Yurean nodded slowly and quietly to the Queen, "Yes I would like access to the Agarean Family Tomb."
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:33 am

"The Agarean Family Tomb?" Haedria repeated slowly. Why on earth would he want that? The Agarean family were a long line of nobles and allies to the Sagnian crown, but the last descendants of the family were killed off by an unknown sickness before Haedria ascended to the throne.
"As you wish. I shall write a pass for you if necessary. What do you plan on doing inside, if I may ask?" she said.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:37 am

Yurean closed his eyes, "Your Majesty, I am interested in the Tomb for scholarly pursuits, the Agarean's illness, I am curious to see if it was related to the ...Yurean Plague at all." Technically this was true.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:50 am

The queen said nothing, only nodded and turned her gaze back to the crowd. She lingered on Sera, who's face was flushed from the drink and was hanging off of Elysia, swinging a half-empty stein at Hamilcar's direction. She had grown up so fast, and now she would grow without her. In time, she would have to tell the princess the truth. But for now, it was time to celebrate and rest.

Sera stumbled into her room after the party, held up on either side by Elysia and Haedria. Though she lost the drinking contest against Hamilcar, she had fun at all the stupid antics they did at the party. She thought, faintly, that the servants would have a difficult time scraping the pudding off the ceiling and chandelier. Things had gotten out of hand once it dragged on late into the night.
Haedria helped Sera onto her bed.
"Sister!" Sera laughed, her words slurring. "Did I tell you how happy I am youre back? Im so happy youre back." the princess fell backwards, giggling. "By the way, by the way. The man who killed you? He's in the dungeon."
"Theoleas." Haedria said, expression dull.
"Yeah. Thats his name, yeah. Beat his face in-" Sera hiccuped. "Beat his face in with my fists."
Haedria rolled her eyes and turned to Elysia. "I thank you for standing by my sister. I understand it has been a difficult time. She loves you so, I see it in her eyes. Will you continue to do so?"
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Elysia focused on Haedria for a moment, leaning down to help tuck in the inebriated Princess. Standing to her full height she turned to Haedria, "I shall continue standing by Princess Sera, I know the depth of affection she has for me, but I am also aware of the depth of affection she has for you as well your Majesty. I shall be sure to tread cautiously in your presence" Memories returning to the strangling hands the Queen had placed on her throat, "Nonetheless I shall stand by Sera's side. It would be my honour."
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:36 am

Sera began to snore gently, still clad in her surcoat and mail. The princess's swords were placed upon their hooks by the door, and a dozen or so of the hounds stood vigil outside. It was all so familiar and ordinary.
Haedria looked Elysia up and down for a while, taking in every detail of the slave girl. She was beautiful, poised, responsible, caring, supportive, loving. She was everything that Sera needed. The queen cast one last look to the princess, longing and sorrow in her eyes. All she would do now is for Sera.
"You've nothing to fear from me, Elysia. My sincerest apologies for any misdeeds I have done against you." Haedria's voice was laden with sorrow. "Things have changed. All that matters now is Sera. I know you will take care of her. Good night, Elysia." she said, and left the room. The queen paused a moment to whisper instructions to guard the princess through the night to the dogs, but she wasnt sure the mutts would understand, much less obey her. Haedria went off to her chambers which had been refurnished, though sparsely.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:52 am

Elysia stood vigilant over Sera for but a moment staring over her body curious as to the Queen's sudden change in attitude, 'Suddenly she is content with the fact that I have stolen her Sister's heart? This is unusual to say the least of it. I wonder if perhaps her near death experience has altered her in a way, she seemed different certainly. Perhaps I should -!' Elysia was cut off by a sudden explosive pain in her chest crumpling to the floor Elysia choked down any sounds of pain she might have produced. Her core was in pain from maintaining a form for so long. She needed to return to mist, slowly her body began to deteriorate down to nothing but the jet black orb.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:02 am

Sera stirred at the slight sound but did not wake. The princess merely rolled onto her side, one arm fanning out in hopes of touching a certain slave girl but found only empty sheets. Her breathing settled into a deep, steady rythym, completely unaware of the otherworldly orb by the foot of her bed.

Haedria stood at the window of her chambers for quite a while. The moon seemed brighter tonight, she thought. She didnt feel tired, nor hungry, nor anything really. Every emotion she had was muted or seemed insignificant now. It was strange, but allowed her to think clearly. Things like desire and anger were no longer mattered, but she still felt strongly for Sera and her safety and wellbeing. The castle didnt matter, the kingdom didnt mater, but Sera did. She always did. With a heavy sigh, the queen changed out of her coronation-turned-funeral gown and into a simple shift. She might as well try to sleep, or at least see what undeath had in its place.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:15 am

( I think we might need to do some brainstorming I am seriously out of ideas and feeling uninspired. Sad )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 24 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Veiled Chaos
Page 24 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24