Black Thunder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small group of people scattered around the world dedicated to keeping one story alive.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Neon Mists

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:40 am

Errintin, the Misty City. Earlier that day a bank of mist had rolled in from the pier shrouding the city. The sun was beginning to set illuminating the mist ad the city into a golden cloud. Soon the city would come to life. Errintin was famous for its nightlife, with a popular downtown area and a red-light district halfway between fame and infamy.

Something is stirring in the depths of this city, something old is awakening. Magic had been returning to the world, not in a grand entrance but a slow quiet crawl, unnoticed by the populace at large. Whether by ignorance or conspiracy magic remains hidden.

The slow return of magic is bringing with it creatures and spirits of all sorts, worldly and underworldy. Demons awaken finding themselves able to, in select circumstances, cross over, take the bodies of mortal creatures and bend them to their will. Who knows what will happen as magic continues to encroach o humanity?

Errintin sits in an interesting position. Caught between prosperity & Recession, Normalcy & Magic, Order & Chaos.

The Balance is tipping.

ADVENTURE, HO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:18 am

Dowtown Erritin, the sun had continued to descend and the golden mist was no longer blinding him. 'Perfect' he thought taking off his sunglasses as he approached one of the dingy corners of Errintin University campus. The wind had begun to pick up rustling the pine trees planted across the campus, the U's way of making the campus look green year round. As a result the mist had started to thin out, and already you could see the sun ducking below the urban forest. It was getting a little late to catch up with Six, but he figured there was a chance. Crossing the pleasure paths beaten into the lawn his eyes caught a particularly rounded and smooth rock, and his ears caught chatter "Hey Six pass me the bottle." "No way man I haven't gotten a swig yet, fuck you, you just had it."

He wasn't too late. Picking up pace he scopped up the rock and added it to the collection he had building in his pocket. Rounding the corner quickly he clutched the rock hard and breathed in. 'Aim, Wind, Release' Lifting the rock he let it soar.

*Crash!*

Rocketing across the lot the bottle smashed into a thousand shards, rock banging into the dumpster behind it. Six, a blond hipster looking shit widened his eyes. "Fuck!" He shouted, "Hey Liam I was just coming to see you!"

Liam calmly took another rock and bounced it in his hand. "I bet Six, where's my money?" YOu;d think the words were a spell, the coloured drained right out of Six. "I Uh .. Liam I uh" His friend had stood up raising his hands over his head.

*Bang!*

The rocketing rock bullet bounced off the dumpster and onto the ground. Throwing rocks is elementary school, sure kids have pretty shit arms but they still hurt. Give a rock to someone trained and practiced at pitching, and they're dangerous. "You have it and you're going to hand it over."

Liam nodded hastily doing his best bobble head impression, " Sure man right away uh .. Rick ... can I uh.... borrow some cash?" His friends head whipped, "Seriously!?" "Come'on man I'll pay you back!" The irony wasn't lost on Liam.

Rick looked at Six, and back to Liam, the rock, and the new dents in the dumpster. "Sure sure whatever just let me reach into my wallet. "Slowly" Liam said coldly. "Okay man whatever you say." reaching one hand into his left pocket, Rick fished out a black leather wallet, "How much?" Looking at Liam rather than Rick.

Liam sighed, "$300"

"Shit you're kidding me!"

"Nope"

"Whatever man just don't hit me," Rick fished out several bills counting it all up in front of Liam until he reached $300, " I just got paid too" he bitched to Six in particular.

Liam motioned to one of the spent rocks, "Put in under one of those so it doesn't blow away, and you guys get outta here." The enforcement was over, doing as they said Rick and Lucky Six ran off leaving Liam with $300 dollars. Counting it once and satisfied her slipped it into a pouch and walked off, planning on maybe hooking up with some friends and going to a bar. Maybe calling that cute girl he met and treating her to something. Who knows now that business was over he put his serious business moody face away and smiled.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:26 am

Renee was calmly reading a book on a bench by the university's lawn when an old metal can resting in a nearby dumpster began to superheat. The can spontaneously combusted, making a loud noise as the metal bits and other trash was thrown around the inside of the dumpster. She jumped in alarm, and quickly hid her face in her book. Mentally, she cursed herself for letting her control slip. She wasnt paying attention to her surroundings; the story was getting really good. It was a suspenseful scene, so perhaps that's what set off the explosion.

Peeking out from the top of her book, she saw that baseball pitcher guy from the school team she never really paid attention to. Renee remembered seeing him around sometimes. Was he a classmate? Her brows furrowed as she thought, but couldnt remember. Liam walked by and she quietly watched him go.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:40 am

The sound of the explosion shocked Liam into flinching. "Jesus Christ," he muttered to himself, "what the hell was that?" Fuck, maybe Six had come back around with a gun, maybe Liam was so shocked he hadn't felt the bullet. Placing a hand on his poor old ticker he looked around. No blood, no pain, he hadn't been shot, Six wasn't around, no one was.

Then there was the eyes peering at him, proving him wrong, and that made him nervous. Liam turned full body towards the bench sitting book girl and raised an eyebrow. A ten second checkout did't reveal much, other than the fact she had really pretty eyes, and she might of been in one of his English literature classes. She also might have been gawking at how stupid he looked.

"Hey what do you think that noise was? Firecracker or gunshot?" he said walking over as non-threateningly as possible.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:20 am

Renee flinched when Liam turned to her, and she quickly raised the book and ducked her head, hiding herself. But he addressed her and it would be rude not to answer his question.
"I...." she started. Renee gulped and shakily lowered her book to look him in the eye. "Y-yeah. Firecracker maybe. Someone must have thrown it in the dumpster." she said in a soft voice.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:48 pm

Liam sighed relief, his worry satisfied he began to feel at ease again. Mind able to focus now he did suddenly recognize her, Renne, definitely in one of his English classes. He couldn't quite recall which one exactly, but he was sure it would come to him eventually. "So, how's the essay coming along?" He asked fishing from her. All English courses had at least two essays, seemed to be an unspoken rule. It was a safe question, and it would let him figure out whether he was right or not.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:52 pm

Renee started freaking out internally. Not many bothered to talk to her, especially one of those jock boys. She shakily put her book down and took a deep breath before continuing. "Ah y-yeah. I passed it already...last week I think? It was about Erritin history." she shrugged. "Pretty boring."

She looked up, saw Liam still looking at her, and stared pointedly at the ground, unused to people wanting her opinion on anything. "So uh...how about yours? And your other classes?"
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:44 pm

Okay so that didn't exactly give him the info he needed, but hey with the book down she actually looked kinda cute. "Oh me?" Liam mentally prepared, you can't talk too much about yourself he felt or people would get bored and lose interest. "I'm doing pretty well, Digital Journalism, Early British Lit, are my best right now, the others are okay."

Time to slowly start moving in, "So what book are you reading? It looks good."
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:00 am

"Oh, this? It's...uh..." Renee stammered, quickly closing the book and placing it on her lap. The cover was a drab brown color, with an image of a colorful wheel of some kind. "It's about....magic..." she said softly. Actually, it was one of her many reference books that she had accumulated throughout the years in an effort to understand her own power, if she did in fact have any.

"Um...Y-you're Liam, right? In my English Lit class, I think?" she asked shyly.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:07 am

Liam nodded, "Yea I think so too, that's why I came up actually. So you're researching magic huh?" Honestly he was starting to remember her more ow that she mentioned that. Renee had a bit of a reputation, a sort of almost campus celebrity of oddness. Dang if she wasn't cute though. "That actually sounds very interesting, I know that in a lot of the Early British Lit there was a lot of that kind of mystical stuff and I always thought it was kinda cool. IS that the Buddhist wheel on it?" Liam was definitely planning on asking her out at this point, maybe in just a bit.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:16 am

Renee shyly tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, blushing slightly, and pleasantly surprised she was being talked to. And by a cute boy, no less! "Uh, yeah. Its the wheel of life." she said. "Did you know, back then in the middle ages, they would hunt down and kill anyone suspected of being a witch or druid? They'd toss women into lakes with rocks tied to their legs and if they drowned, they were a witch! It was crazy!" she said, getting a bit more animated and excited now that someone was willing to listen.

A small shrub growing by the fence behind her spontaneously combusted, making a loud noise and startling Renee. She jumped, mortified, and stared hard at the ground, hoping her hair was long enough to cover her face. "S-sorry. I'll stop."
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:13 am

Bushes don't just catch fire.

Liam jumped back in shock at the burst of flames turning his head wildly towards Renee, eyes in shock, "S .. sorry? That was you!?" He exclaimed shocked, "Y ... you're ..."

'You're too curious Liam' He could remember his Parents scolding him after pulling him free from the space between a fence he had peaked through and gotten stuck on the way out in. He never could help it, there was just so much he wanted to know, to uncover, sure he grew out of poking his head into every nook and cranny looking for secret passages and treasures but it manifested itself in other ways. Like a Major in journalism, it was through this thirst and his contacts with the underground, dealing in drugs, and running errands that he funded University and he ha heard rumours of a mystic amoung the crooks.

"You're just like Marquess." Liam found himself saying in shock, too dumbfounded to put the mental breaks on.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:01 pm

'Oh my god he thinks I'm a freak.' she thought, burying her face in her hands. 'Good job, Ren. Way to make a good first impression. Now he'll never want to talk to me again.'

She was about to get her book and bag, then maybe speed walk across the field and out the gate and all the way back home and into her room where she wouldnt emerge for another several hours. But he heard Liam speak, and curiosity got the better of her. "Who...Who's Marquess?" she asked, looking up from her hands. She wasnt sure if she would like the answer. Maybe this Marquess was some one to be shunned and ridiculed, like she was. Or maybe Marquess was someone respected. Renee tried asking anyway. Her day couldnt get worse after all.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:09 pm

Breaking eye contact Liam felt the back of his head, jeez how could he put this. Marquess was a middle tier Crime Lord, stylized himself an aristocrat, fancy accent to boot. He played in Drugs and Girls as his main cash flow, racketeering it out of his nightclub 'Manoir'. Of course, you couldn't prove a damn thing to the cops, or maybe he had them under his thumb with his rumored magical powers.

"H ... he's uh, he runs a bar .... umm ... waa go there ... grab a drink ... with me?"

Jesus his brain had't turned back on yet, why the fuck was he offering to go to a dangerous bar with a dangerous girl!? Damn loins, she was cute .... and she did seem genuinely upset. Shit, he offered though already.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:19 pm

Renee was so taken aback, all she could do was stare intensely at the ground and try to still her beating heart. 'Did he just....He did! He asked me out! To a bar, yeah, but he asked me out!' she thought. An uncontrolable grin came to her face, and she held at hand to her mouth to cover it. No need to embarass herself any further. She only nodded, not trusting herself to speak, too scared to fuck up again and drive Liam away for good.

"That...That sounds nice." she said eventually.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:26 pm

Liam smiled hiding his nerves, "Alright, if you're not busy now ya wanna head out? Or maybe another night, and uh ... maybe not Manoir." He added that last bit hoping to avoid a run in with The "Marquess". The dude was a crime lord after all, mumbo jumbo exploding bushes or no, even if the guy didn't have powers, he had power.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:56 pm

Renee started packing her book into her bag, a bit too eager but trying very hard not to show it. "I'm free right now, actually." she said, trying to be subtle. She didnt know what Manoir was, and she didnt really care. Finally being asked out by a boy! They could go to a fast food joint for all she cared, she was so happy.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:48 pm

Liam was also feeling rather happy, as she shifted himself to hide the most obvious indication. "Alright great, there's a new place not too far from here actually, I think it's some kinda Pizza and dining place or something." He remembered walking by it a hundred times while it was under construction, and now that it was open he'd been craving some pizza.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:04 am

"Pizza." Ren said to herself, testing out the idea in her head. Going out for pizza with this boy. And he asked her out! Is this a date? Renee tried to hide her smile, but was unable to, instead grinned happily at Liam.
"That sounds great. Lets go?"
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:50 pm

Liam nodded and waved his arm in the direction of Pizza goodness, and the beer he needed. "Thatta way." he began walking and thinking to himself, 'Wow she seems really eager, I can't tell if it's because she likes going out or she's just jumping on the opportunity for a date, wow she's really excite .... oh God.' Connections were being drawn and made between her getting excited and blowing up a bush and admitting to blowing up a bush.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:56 pm

A rock blew up.

The noise startled Renee, causing her to jump yet again. Tiny and harmless bits of debris rained on her back, telling her the rock that exploded was nearby and behind her. She ducked her head, letting her hair fall across her face to hide her shame. A few other students near her and Liam turned to stare. She walked on, following Liam, with her shoulders hunched in and not saying a word.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:55 pm

Dear God

Excitement = Explosion

Dating = Excitement

*BOOM*

Liam jumped as debris went everywhere before his calculations could finish. "Wow!" he shouted leaping back from the noise. He felt the eyes around them converging, saw Renee retreating into her shell. How on Earth had she not been made public if things are always exploding or catching fire around her?

But goddamn did she look sad.

"Hey ... it's okay .." He said patting her on the shoulder. He hated sad faces, he's rather someone be angry or heck even scared. Especially when dealing with thugs, but god damnit not sad.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:03 pm

"I'm....I'm sorry." she said, fighting back tears. This was why she couldnt have nice things. She was always blowing stuff up, she should never be excited. "Maybe this isnt a good idea." her tone was somber.
She tried to, discreetly, wipe away her tears.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:28 pm

Oh no, no not crying, damnit he hated crying!

"Hey there there, it's okay." Liam assumed full comfort mode, usually reserved for children and his mother. Wrapping his arms around her slender shoulders he gave her a tight squeeze. Jeez it was times like these were Liam realized how much of a sap he was. A girl crying, people looking sad, or puppies made him melt. Rubbing her back he tried to be as comforting as possible.

Dear God what had he done!?
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:51 pm

'Oh my god, he cares.'

Renee peeked through her curtain hair and saw how Liam wrapped her up in a hug and muttered soothing words to her. His body shielded her from the other's prying eyes and made her feel...safe.

Reluctantly, she nodded and pulled away, shyly tugging at her hair and hiding a blush. "I....um..." she stammered and mentally berated herself for looking so foolish. Again. "T-thanks. Maybe....maybe we should get to that pizza place before something else happens?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Neon Mists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neon Mists   Neon Mists Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Neon Mists
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next