Black Thunder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small group of people scattered around the world dedicated to keeping one story alive.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reboot: Veiled Chaos

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon May 02, 2016 12:03 am

Elysia tilted her head slowly it dawned on her, "Oh," was her saddened reply, "I'm sorry to hear that, I ... uh." Feeling embarrassed and slightly horrified at what the Red Sisters had done to this poor girl. She didn't seem to be spying on her in any regard, though it was perhaps too early to tell. "Well .... ummm, I apologize, I didn't realize that .. umm, well ... you know." Elysia held her hands in her lap to prevent herself from fiddling nervously. "Well ... I was just wondering if I could perhaps have some food?" Elysia was hungry after all.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon May 02, 2016 12:09 am

The maid shook her head, and motioned awkwardly to try to explain further that her tongue had been cut out even before coming into the service of the Red Sisters. She bowed slightly after being requested for food, and scurried off to the kitchens. Hopefully the cooks have something good set aside for the servants today.

She came back a few minutes later with a meat stew and potatoes, and a pitcher of ale.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon May 02, 2016 12:15 am

That was fast, were they by the kitchens or something? Or was the servant exceptionally swift? Elysia was startled, "My that was very swift, thank you very much." Elysia moved to help the servant with the food she brought, and placed it on the table near the cot taking a bit of a taste while she was at it. "Oh this is lovely." Though Darkmin wasn't sure if he didn't prefer the Innkeeper's wife's cooking more. After eating for a tad bit Elysia dawned her head, "Oh I'm sorry for eating in front of you like this I forget my manners, would you like some?" Elysia said offering a spoonful to the servant girl." Darkmin didn't expect the servant to accept the gesture, but to perhaps simply just appreciate it. Regardless a few bites of stew wouldn't bother him all that much.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon May 02, 2016 12:20 am

The maid declined, shaking her head. She gestured, trying to explain that it would be rude to take food from a guest. And in any case, she had already eaten. She was content to just stand by and be sure the guest was satisfied. She reached over and poured Elysia a cup of the ale.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon May 02, 2016 12:23 am

Elysia nodded and gave small thanks to the maid for her service and finished her meal occasionally breaking into small one sided conversations about how lovely the day was or some benign thing before stopping and asking quietly, "umm. Before I go to sleep, does this castle have a library that I might enjoy to read a book perhaps?"
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon May 02, 2016 12:26 am

The maid nodded, as of course there was a library within the castle. It was a very nice one too, as she used to be tasked with dusting its innumerable bookshelves. She thought about it a while, trying to decide whether it would be safe to lead the guest around the castle without the Red Sister's permission. The queen usually went to her private study, and the princess to the kennels. And Princess Sera did order her to see to Elysia's every need.

She smiled, and bid Elysia follow her as she walked through the castle, leading the woman to the library.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon May 02, 2016 12:34 am

As they walked to the library Elysia made sure to try and memorize the rout, seeing as this was her first time inside the castle it would make due to remember the interior as much as possible in case of any unfortunate incidents that may occur on a later date. Inside the grand library Elysia stood slightly stunned, "My this is a certainly impressive library, oh you have been a most wonderful aide to me thank you ever so much," she smiled cheerfully at the maid and practically frolicking to the bookshelves observing the immeasurable volumes. Darkmin hoped they did not have any of the Sage Rostavich's books, particularly his books on Gentri folklore, hoping to perhaps determine if this was true while he attempted to read up on Sagnian history. Picking a tomb from the shelf seemingly at random Elysia made her way over to the window side and placed a chair directly next to the window, sitting down and reading she wondered what sort of knowledge she'd be able to gather.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Mon May 02, 2016 2:57 pm

The maid stayed behind to stand by the entrance to the library. Still watching over the guest, but out of the way enough to provide privacy.

The tome that Elysia picked up regarding Sagnian history covered the period from the founding of the kingdom to the death of the Red Sister's father. The kingdom was founded by a mad man with blazing red hair, who dug out a cave in the side of Mount Volknar and declared the entire mountain to be his land. His descendants carved out the castle and raised the city around it since. It seems the line of the Red Sisters had always had some delusions and madness.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue May 03, 2016 6:28 am

"A madness in the blood," muttered Elysia quietly, investing herself in the book. "I wonder what inspired him ..... or lured him to dig into a volcano?" Could a creature like Darkmin existed in Sagna long ago, or something worse? Turning the page over Elysia broke concentration. The maid was skulking at the doorway looking suspicious and breaking Darkmin's concentration by his own paranoia. "Ah dear, you must be getting sore legs standing like that, please sit dow, I'll pull up a chair." Pulling out a chair seated ear her Elysia smiled pleasantly at her, "I do tend to read for a long time and I'm afraid neither my husband nor my child are here to pull me from reading." Elysia resat herself and continued reading into Sagna deliciously delusional history, "Maybe it's something in the water." Elysia began muttering again. Eyeing her pitcher of Ale suspiciously.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue May 03, 2016 11:15 am

The maid declined the offer at first, but decided to sit. It did seem like Elysia was going to take a while. She sat in the proffered chair, hands folded on her lap, and just looked around at the books to occupy her time.

The founder of Sagna was one Ma'roul Daegan, who claimed he heard the fire within the mountain whispering to him. Historians speculated that he bore markings of magic, and felt power within the volcano calling to him. Hence his desire to claim the fire and the land around it. Ma'Roul Daegan never left the area since carving out a cave for himself, and his cave has been used as catacombs for Sagnian royalty.

The book went on to mention that those of the royal line who bore mage markings tended to bear some madness. Those without magic we're less likely to jump to conclusions and give orders that resulted in a great many deaths.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue May 03, 2016 11:24 am

Elysia read on silently pouring some of her pitcher and sliding it to the maid, the history of Sagna was truly built on fire, blood, and madness. Was there a spirit of fire within the volcano? Some sort of Demon or otherwise was the volcano itself alive? Elysia's eyes slowly looked around the room, her senses extended, listening for ... anything unnatural. Her eyes slowly turned back to her book, Ma'Roul Daegan, sounded nothing like the names today, it sounded northern.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue May 03, 2016 11:32 am

The maid gratefully took the cup and was about to drink, when the doors slid open.

A woman with blood red hair strode in, walking like she owned the place. Which she did. The maid hastily scrambled to her feet, standing off to the side so as not to be in the way, as Queen Haedria came forward.

"Elysia, was it? So strange to see you wandering the castle." the queen said cooly, eyes alight with interest. "Reading up on Sagnian history, are you?"
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue May 03, 2016 11:40 am

Elysia looked up and calmly stood to her feet and bowed before the Queen to show her all the proper respect she was owed. "Yes you majesty, I asked to be shown to the library, reading is a comforting pastime I find it helps me to occupy my mind." Taking the book gently in her hand holding it carefully and with reverence she nodded at Haedria's second statement, "Yes, it was the first book I picked up, and so far it has been an interesting read, and I would like to continue it, however I suspect that you would prefer to use your library without distraction." Elysia said keeping her voice pleasant.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue May 03, 2016 11:49 am

Haedria looked away, uninterested in Elysia. She raised her hand and her markings glowed slightly. A few books wiggled out of their places on the shelves high up, towards the ceiling. They floated down, and circled around Haedria. Heavy tomes, coated in dust, and scrolls tightly bound and sealed in wax.

"Continue reading, then." The queen said. She flicked through one of the books, sent it back to the shelves, and magically took another one down. "I have what I need." she said, and turned to leave.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue May 03, 2016 11:53 am

Elysia sat back down opening her tome up again, flipping around to find her exact place, "Drink to your health," Elysia muttered to the maid and continuing to read. 'So those were the magical markings then in their full book levitating glory,' Darkmin thought, 'show off' he continued. Despite his quips, Haedria's magic would be a problem if he couldn't understand the full depth of its power. In Gentri Magic was kept under strict control, eve within nobility it has to conform to the Gentri code of honor. Dark magic, Necromancy, Illusions, anything dishonourable was forbidden and to lose your honour was to lose your status in Gentri. This was something Darkmin had used to his advantage but here in Sagna the Queen had o restrictions as to the type of magic she was allowed to preform, so Darkmin needed to find what weapons were in her arsenal so to speak.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Tue May 03, 2016 12:40 pm

The maid only shook her head, too shaken by the queen's entrance to do much else. She decided to stand where she was and wait until Elysia would call upon her. She kept her head down, still thinking about the queen. When the markings would glow like red hot coals living under the queen's skin, men and women were known to die. Throat cut by an invisible blade, or set on fire, corpses would come to life to kill their brothers. The queen could make men lie with men and women with women if it pleased her, and they would have no choice but to comply as their bodies stop obeying them.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed May 04, 2016 8:25 am

Eventually Elysia would close the book and place it back on the shelf where it belonged. It had been quite some time since Haedria's little visit and she had calmed down considerably. In fact there was small circles forming under her eyes and it was getting hard to stop herself from yawning. "My apolo - *yawn* gies for keeping you up so late. I'll go to bed now dear." She looked to the maid, who in all honesty had basically gotten the day off to relax and drink with her.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Wed May 04, 2016 4:10 pm

The maid blinked, startled out of her daydream by Elysia's voice. She smiled and bowed, and bit her guest to follow her back through the castle to the room Sera had Elysia stay. She motioned again that if Elysia needed anything, she need only pull a string attached to the wall, which would ring a bell in the servants quarters, and the maid would return to assist her.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Thu May 05, 2016 6:33 am

Elysia smiled and assured the maid that she would summon her if she required anything. Once the maid left her to herself Elysia promptly laid herself down on the cot, hitting it like a brick and wiggling herself under the covers embracing the comfort of sheets, pillow, and mattress. It had been quite a day and there was still so much yet to do! Haedria's powers eluded Darkmin in their depth and she suspected Elysia of something, and yet Darkmin hadn't learned much. He had to take things slowly to elude suspicion but Haedria might force him to speed up, and haste caused mistakes.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Fri May 06, 2016 9:47 pm

The next morning, Sera had dressed in surcoat and mail, and walked through the castle on her morning rounds. A pair of hounds followed her, sniffing the ground as she walked. The princess was about to step out of the castle to roam the city, when she remembered the guest she had tucked away. She thought to go check on Elysia, but it was early still, and the guards in the city may have news of the husband. Sera strode out, hoping to find the husband soon and go back to the castle bearing good news.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat May 07, 2016 8:26 am

Elysia stirred in her sleep, her dreams were full of images, fleeting but crisp focused images. Wolves running in unison, hearts beating with singular purpose, intent united. 'Kill, Maim, Glory' Gripping the covers, heart punding in her chest drawn in by intensity of the feelings Elysia bared her fangs. The Dream switched 'Fear, Loss, Purpose.' A group of half-starved wolves ran through the forest, over roots and branches, abandoning the paths beaten by them and their ancestors following the words and will of a new leader, a greater alpha than they had ever seen. To meet with wolves from beyond. Elysia felt their fear and felt herself cowering, trembling. What if Haedria found out her plans, Darkmin's plans? Could she win, survive? What of Sera. the Warrior princess would Elysia be able to lure her from Haedria and into the arms of Elysia? Could she remove Haedria and keep Sera hers? Writhing under the covers Elysia was beginning to stir awake The Dream blurred with reality but switched once more, an old white wolf, eye injured long ago by a long dead arm. The wolf was leading a sect of wolves in a choir of howls directed at a small stone shrine It felt warm, and Elysia realized where she sat, Darkmin was looking outwards from within the shrine, present but unseen. Elysia could tell o more as the real world bleed into the dream, eyes fluttering awake. Breathing deep, a cold sweat, eyes blazing gold and fangs bared Elysia quickly pulled herself together returning to crystal blue and human fangs instead. What was that dream? She'd never had one like that before, what did it mean? Was she .. in the shrine? Where the wolves howling to Darkmin?

Last edited by Shade_The_Shadow_Lord on Sun May 08, 2016 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sat May 07, 2016 5:12 pm

"What do you mean, you havent found him?" Sera demanded. Before her, a city guard seemed to shrink into his armor. The man clutched a shredded piece of a red cloak in his gauntlet-clad hand.
"This is all we have found, my lady. A piece of his cloak, nothing more." he said, trying to keep the nervousness from his voice.
"And what of the daughter?" the princess asked again, snatching the torn piece of fabric from the man's hand. The guard could only shake his head.

In the blink of an eye, Sera drew her sword and severed the guard's head from his body. She sheathed it again and turned back up the path to the castle before the head even touched the ground. She seethed, gripping the cloth tight, frustrated with this failure. She would have to tell Elysia that her husband is dead.

She wasn't looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun May 08, 2016 1:01 am

Things felt different, the smell of the air, the sounds of the castle, the colours of the tapestries, everything. It was nothing Elysia could put her finger on either, it all looked the same as yesterday, sounded, smelt, but something was off, no that wasn't the best word to describe it, if anything things felt more right. She had more energy, and she felt stronger. Taking a shaky hand and pouring out a glass of ale that had been left there, she looked into her reflection, a short gasp escaped Elysia's lips, was she more striking than before? She checked to make sure her eyes were the right colour still, the were, nor was her mouth full of wolfs teeth, but there was a strangeness even to that! She longed the let the teeth out, the eyes gleam, like an instinct, something strange had happeed. She would have to ask the maid if she saw anything unusual last night, and make if if she did, that no one learned anything of it.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun May 08, 2016 1:12 am

The maid returned later in the morning, and eagerly approached Elysia to offer her services. She was about to ask Elysia is she would desire a change of clothes, or perhaps breakfast, when the sound of boots heralded the arrival of the princess.

Sera opened the doors, her face grave. She nodded to the maid who stepped a bit back so as to give the princess her space, yet still be on hand if the need arises.

"Good morning Elysia." Sera said with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1Sun May 08, 2016 1:18 am

Good Morning

Elysia was broken out of her thoughts and exploration and turned shakily to Sera, "ah, good morning your Majesty." Elysia said with a usual curtsy. "You are looking splendid this morning," she complimented. Slight compliments build up affections over time, they also helped to put people in good moods, that is of course if they aren't overdone and thus lose their effect. Sera seemed off too, like she was upset or nervous about something, but it was more than that she was, well she was something and Elysia needed to figure out what. But Elysia was getting distracted, she needed to focus! "Have you come to perhaps see me dance this morn?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos - Page 5 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Reboot: Veiled Chaos
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next