Black Thunder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small group of people scattered around the world dedicated to keeping one story alive.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inspiration

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tainted Soul
Admin
Tainted Soul

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Inspiration   Inspiration Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:56 am

I've been curious lately as to what inspired you to make your character either personality or apperance wise Sooo I've got my list of characters currently in BT4 and I'mma name their inspiration for creation and hope you guys do the same

Mai: Mai was originally my child hood hope and dreams of becoming a superhero with the mannerism of Captain Jack and the apperance of Damien (I can't remember why)

Ayala: Ayala was origanal made for plot. She was simply so there was a reason for Mai to inhabit Madora's body, however from Ayala steamed the creation of Diyu and Diyu's inhabitants. She was meant to die long long ago but I have such fun tormenting her and she is such a complex character I love seeing how she reacts to diffrent situations

Mini Death: Mini Death's inspiration? Camillia, I planned Mini Death to join the RP at a much later point in time as a teenager and under a different name (Mini Death's origanal name was Lady Reaper) However when Camillia asked Miss. May for someone to play with I was like "Hang on Mistress Reaper would've been a kid growing up in M.A.C why can't she play with Camillia? Though the name doesn't suit a child... errrrmmmm Mini Death, thats cute!" And TADA it's almost fitting that Mini Death has fallen in love with Camillia considering she is her reason for life

Nexia: Getting Captain off the hook. All along I had planned to make Captain seem like the M.A.C spy (We now know it was Tek though, I bet you guys had know idea lol) But I needed a reason for her to be sneaking off all the time and a reason she would be in M.A.C base. "Hmmm what if she was saving her fiance? But wait why would Madora want her fiance? Can't be to taunt Captain that's not Madora's style... Hmmm what if the girl had powers to help Madora?" and so on. I've kept Nexia around for two reasons 1) I've devolped a fondness for her character and 2) Having a character with few power limitations is extremely freeing, if I have a plot line that needs something no other character can do it's like "Oh wait Nexia can just use magic for blah blah blah"

Takai: Origanally I wanted Velina and Damien to have a little plot of there own other then Awww puppy love. Velina's pregnancy was meant to be bigger then it was but at the time it didn't occur to me that I'd have to make their children afterwards. Takai is more like her father, the serious type but she has touches of Velina's rage. As a child she isn't a particularly amazing character. But the plans I have for her as an Adult in BTGen2 make her a lot more human and give her depth.

Madora: At first I just missed the name, I had used the name Madora before in an old RP. It was origanlly the girls name was Madora and she had a voice in her head name Circe who had a lot of power and blah blah blah. I wanted to make a bad guy of my own, Blake had Shade and Alex had Lucien I had no one. So I wanted a bad girl named Madora with a voice in her head. Then I thought "No, no the humanises her to much. She has to be a monster! She can't have a proper excuse for her evil she has to be evil incarnate!" Then the idea came to me, Ona takes bad memories from people all the time, how many memories could she handle? So it was decided I would have a bad girl named Madora who would be a monster because she wouldn't hold just the traumatic memories of one person she would hold hundreds maybe thousands. And my idea for changing her into her monster form is why Delilah was origanally made.

Velina: Blake's idea not mine ^-^

Bedell: Bedell was made as a mail man, his name means messenger. His appereance is kinda based on my cat who has dark grey fur and yellow eyes. But then his history came into question, it turned more from he's a messenger to he's Madora's choosen one. Then I thought anyone who earns Madora's respect must be a power hungry monster. Bedell is a smart man but he is a greedy man, his greed was his downfall. I should kill him as I have no plans and he deserves it but I don't want to!

Charade: I think I've said this one before but Charade was origanally made when I looked closely at myself. It's no secret that before Corey I was a bit of a party girl who would have one nighters with various cute girls. However when meeting this girl I would observe her from afar at first and determine what she'd like and then become the person she'd like all just to get into her pants. Thus Charade was made, a shape shifter who just wants to get into your pants! His character evolved into someone much much deeper though and he has taken the mantle of my fave char since Curiosita's death.

Tess: I wanted a pregnant woman to shot to screw with someones head. Only I couldn't bring myself to kill her, afterwards I had decided a character I used in one of my What if stories should be in the BT RP she will make a big fuss later but right now she's in waiting.

Abri: Her powers are stolen from Gambit. I had realised that Curiosita who was meant to stay in between the lines of good and bad had practically signed a contract with the good guys. In fact all my characters had become solidified in their roles of either good or bad, save for the bi-polar Delilah. I wanted have a character who would be good or bad but for selfish reasons, also at the time I was missing my young adventerous self so I made her in a story. Her reason for being related to Curiosita is just to explain why she has powers.

Danika: GTA MOTHERFUCKER! XD I was playing GTA and thinking where Niko Bellic was from I'm pretty sure he's slavic, anyway I figure my line up needed diversity and Abri needed a friend so I made Danika. Unfortuantly for her I made up a whole plot line for her which has yet to be writen.

Shana: I loved Saya. But unfortuantly my inspiration for Saya (And Reizo) was their death scene. I wanted Saya back and I breifly had her back as Abri's robot Slave Saki but it was in Abri's character to kill her. So I got Shana instead and I'm pretty unhappy with Shana. I have plans for her but I'm not majorly excited about her.

Eve: Eve inspiration is to do with her past which I'll reveal later.

Base: I knew I wanted to have the New Enforcers. But then I looked at who I wanted/hoped would be apart of the group Rayvyn, Charade, Nexia, Takai, Abri, Danika, Vincent, Kumiho, Nexia and Eve.... None of which seemed capable of handling a house properly. So I made base, a technopath hidden somewhere in the New Enforcers base who only appears in robot constructs through out the building (And on rare emergency's the city). She has millitary training and some medical training and won't put up with shit.

So that's it. I might do my old characters later but for now this is what I've got.

Last edited by Tainted Soul on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to add spacing)
Back to top Go down
http://blackthunder.secretsstories.net
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:59 pm

ohh that really explains alot XD i was really wondering how you came up with Madora and Charade.
my characters, the girls at least, represent aspects of my personality. this also makes it easier to write about them XD

Kitsune: she was the very first character i made that really stuck. in almost all aspects, she's me right down to unstable emotions, depression, bad choices, and the fear of being alone. she has so many names (at least 3) because of her -and my- desire for a fixed identity. Kitsune wants to know who she is and so has as many names

Minhee: she was childhood happiness warped and corrupted by betrayal. she's my sadistic side who wants revenge for those who wronged her. also, she represents my not being all too affected by gory stories or dark tales

Rayvyn: she stands for entrapment and atonement, and is the more responsible side of my personality who trudges through jobs and sees them done no matter how boring or painful it may be

Takara: for a while, Takara represented me more than Kitsune. Takara is lesbian, pretty gung-ho and very boyish. i also needed a character with a quick temper XD

Kumiho: incarnation of lust, and the doubts and dangers from it. early version to a non-BT character named Morrigan

Rima: my creativity and imagination, Rima makes worlds and realities like i form my stories

Lucien: i really needed some way to explain Kitsune's powers so i thought up the whole possessed by a demon thing. i didnt plan on making Lucien a recurring or important character but he got to be fun to use and i had grown fond of Lucy XD

Damien: blatantly stolen from Ragnarok Online at first, and i just wanted a ninja XD

Demitri: obvious rip-off of Grell Sutcliff from the manga/anima Kuroshitsuji. theyre both so arrogant and flamboyant, its fun!

Acheron: needed characters. at fist he was so stupid and i like Vern way more but now that Vern's dead, Acheron got more responsible and a lot less useless

Saber: he's based off my little sister's drawings of our cat, Saber XD i tied him with Kitsune through the connection that they both have Lucien-based powers

Cheshire: i wanted a completely insane character who also looked way weird, so he's based off of the Cheshire cat from the game American Mcgee's Alice

well thats all i can think of for now XD
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Oh god I hardly remember everything, most of them were spur of the moment anyway

Spade: Shadow King from an X-men video game.

Shiva: spur of them moment

Magmus: Spur of the moment

Velina: Based of some sorceress named Velina from Super ... Monkey Team Hyper Force Go

Omega: Dragon King, one of my characters from yee oldy titan rising. ( Originally Shade was his younger brother, not in Black thunder but in soem other rp)

Aurel: His ability to combine materials kinda spurred in my head.

Marcello: I dunno, violent urges?

Camillia: She was originally a violent psycho, umm My insiration was ..... for Shade to have blood kids?

Satisfaction: Cloning was my inspiration

Scream Queen: I don't remember I think it was Emilee from titan rising

Zorc: The desire to have a Half spider humanoid

Kazz: The idea of having some kind of being that could drain energy.

( Boring enough for you? )

Those shapeshifting twins who were in BT 3 and never seen again: A picture of a pair of demons.

The wraiths: No idea.

Shade's Dead Wife Vanitese: Its a lot I think, but I draw a lot of it from I think Padme Amadala in episode 1 of Star wars, I like how she has weird lipstick.

The Necromancer: I forget his name, but I was inspired by Hee probably.

I don't remember anymore.
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin
Tainted Soul

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:17 am

What ever happened to Rima Alex? She was a pretty interesting character and for a while it seemed like you were building up to something epic for her but for the life of me I can't remember what happened

You should put some of your drawings on the site Blake^-^

Last edited by Tainted Soul on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar error)
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:30 am

Kitsune killed Rima in a fit of insanity after Abri brought the hospital on Curiosita. BUT Rima's mind was so messed up due to her power that she may or may not be still somewhere. She might come back as many times as Madora did XD
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin
Tainted Soul

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:41 am

XD yeah instead of coming back to life we'll call it pulling a Madora!
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:09 am

Reincarnation? That is SO last year; it's called pulling a Madora now!
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:27 am

Drawings?I don't draw, I browse deviantArt and Photobucket.
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin
Tainted Soul

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:28 am

Ohhh when you were talking about Vanatise I read it wrong
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:26 pm

Yea Vanitese kinda looks like Padme, you see Star Wars?
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin
Tainted Soul

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:34 pm

But with blue hair?
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Yes, make her look more Italian though, I mostly used Padme because of the Interesting Lipstick patterns. I imagine Vanitese having upper lip Blue and Lower Lip Red, both in vivid colours. though I imagine she swaps it up occasionally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspiration   Inspiration Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Inspiration
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Thunder :: General :: Characters-
Jump to: