Black Thunder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small group of people scattered around the world dedicated to keeping one story alive.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Veiled Chaos

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 08, 2014 1:19 pm

"Free to ...go?" The words floated in the air it was better than he expected, a miracle. "Thank you, thank you so much" He smiled his words trying to contain his excitement he stood up feeling his wrists the soreness of them and relieved. With satisfaction he began to walk towards the dungeon door, he stopped, "Erm ...won't the guards or ....hounds try to kill me?" He asked, how could he have forgotten that detail?
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 08, 2014 1:24 pm

"Yes. Yes they will. If the hounds dont find you, the guards will bring you straight back here." Sera said lightly, smiling. She strode past the man and stopped just outside the open door. "That is, unless, you agree to a deal." she paused, thinking carefully how to phrase her next statement.
"Tell me everything you know about Theoleas and your mysterious benefactor. And your role in the attempt on the queen's life."
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Feadius grimaced, dammit he knew there would be a catch Though the feelings of standing upright unbound had not faded he was still trapped, but it's not like they could do much with the information, "There was an attempt on the queen's life?" He kept his face straight to keep lying might keep him alive, he didn't fancy his chances with the dogs. "Damn, well our benefactor didn't even give us his name, he did mention something about a distraction, I though that demon howl was the distraction, until my uh ...former group saw the smoke in the distance, I don't know what happened with that." The scout then proceeded to tell the Princess what he knew of the Theoleas which wasn't much. The Foreign King wanted to settle old grudges, and he felt Sagna was weak enough to overtake. That he had gathered many a sorcerer for the occasion. "I don't think the traveller is with Lord ... er Theoleas though, I've never seen him, never heard of him, and he didn't seem the sort there was something ... unnatural about him inhuman."
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Sera folded her arms over her chest. It wasnt anything she didnt already know about Theoleas. This man was probably just conscripted into his army. The demonic howl was bothersome, its what woke her in the first place, but it wasnt important right now. But the timing of everything falling into place tonight was too much to ignore.
"Just tell the truth and be done with it. I know you and your band set the fire in the queen's chambers." she said, her good humor fading fast.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 08, 2014 1:43 pm

Shock and horror filled the man's face he raised his arms defensively as if that could defend him from the Princess' Wrath, "He told us it was the price of our freedom!" he nearly shouted, "that if we didn't burn her books the gate would be closed and that'd he'd be able to see if we didn't from where he was watching, we just threw the torches in there and left we weren't trying to et the Queen on fire! It was an Acci-" From over Sera's shoulder through the open door a knife went hurtling through black and fang shaped impaling the poor man in the head with a meaty thunk his eyes widened and he stumbled forward collapsing to the ground, at the stop of the stairs there was the whirl of a cloak and the rapid tapping of running boots against stone.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 08, 2014 1:51 pm

"What!" Sera yelped, stepping back as the man fell dead. The sound of boots on the stone made her turn back to the stairwell and give chase, thoughts racing faster than her feet. The books, the traveller was after Haedria's books. He wanted them destroyed. But all the books in her room were ancient spell tomes that could only be read by someone with magic. Feadius said something about Theoleas gathering many sorcerers. It could have been one of them. But the traveller knew the castle, and the only people Haedria showed her spellbooks to were me and...Elysia.
Sera came out at the top of the dungeon stairs, frantically scanning the dark hallways for a sign of an intruder.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 08, 2014 2:08 pm

A black mist hung heavily in the hallway and the darkness threatened to swallow everything, the sound of boots had evaporated. the fog began to roll in around Sera and began to coagulate into something more solid before she could register what was going on she came face to face with her sister, the Queen. Replicated flawlessly there was not a hair out of place on the Queen, save for one small but important factor. The queens eyes were pitch black like the night that surrounded them and she was smiling manically, "Oh look it's my untalented sister come for a stroll in my darkness have you?" She let out a small cackle, a harsh ear bleeding cackle like nails scratching against stone.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 08, 2014 2:14 pm

Sera winced at the sound but did not take her eyes off the apparition. It was Haedria, unmistakably. "Sister, what is the meaning of this? How are you- why?" Sera babbled, confused and scared.
She whirled around, trying to see anything to get her bearings, but there was nothing but thick, complete darkness. "Haedria, please stop this."
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 08, 2014 2:20 pm

"Stop what? What's the matter Sister afraid of a little magic? I suppose it makes sense some a talentless hack to be afraid. After all this is only a taste of what I can do now." Her smile split across her face, familiar but dangerous. She lifted a finger and pressed it against her temple, "After all, He keeps showing me all the possibilities, all the possibilities in blood and darkness and magic. He told me I didn't need the books anymore, evermore, nevermore." A cackled escaped her lips, before adopting a faux pout face complete with Quibbling lip, "But if wittle Sera is so frightened of her big scary sister I can oblige you." Letting out a shrill cackle Haedria's form dissipated into mist and the darkness began to recede.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 08, 2014 2:33 pm

Sera's breathing turn fast and harsh as the darkness began to dissipate and she found herself still at the top of the dungeons. Her mouth fell open in a howl of rage and all thought of going back to the dungeons and feeling of fear from the darkness evaporated and twisted into a burning, seething knot in her chest. The princess raced through the castle, barreling past guards and servants alike, till she came to the infirmary. Elysia still sat by the queen's bedside, and Haedria's form was covered from head to toe under the blanket.
"Haedria!" She screamed, ripping the cloth from the queen. "How dare you mock me! Is this how you revel in your magic; using it to insult me? I, who had stood by you all these years as your right hand!" the princess grabbed Haedria by the throat and lifted her clear off the ground.
"Sera-Sera, what in the hells-" Haedria coughed weakly. Her hands pried at Sera's own, trying to get purchase under her steel grip.
The princess's eyes were wide, reason lost under her rage. Her teeth were bared with lips curled back, so much like her blood thirsty hounds. "I am not afraid of you, you witch! For all your vaunted power and magic, you can still bleed."

Last edited by KittyCyrael on Thu May 08, 2014 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 08, 2014 2:44 pm

the corner of Elysia's mouth twitched into a smiled, the Princess was far easier to prod into action than she had thought. Insulting her pride was the ticket, all of the anger that had been in that gripping of her blades had been released in this vicious display of might, silently she was impressed that Sera could lift the queen clean off the ground. Perhaps it was the rage, and Haedria was none the wiser. It would be simple to put into Haedria's head that anything that provoked Sera into anger she thought was Haedria's magical interference that she was unreasonably jealous of her magic. Make her suspect of the book burnings, that she had woken Elysia up to take her into her personal room. could be seen as someone clearing out their loved ones before a strike. these thoughts lasted moments before her face twisted into horror. "Mi'lady what are you doing!?" she shouted her weak voice trying to cry over Sera's Rage, "Sera please what are you doing!? her arms wrapped weakly at Sera's trying to pry her off the Queen.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Haedria was suffocating. Sera's grip on her was so tight that she could barely breathe. Weakly, she focused her swirling thoughts into on desperate plea: let me go. Sera was blown away from the queen by a blast of magic, her body crashing badly onto the infirmary beds on the opposite side of the room, but leaving Elysia only slightly nudged. Haedria held a hand to her throat, gasping.
"What in the seven hells are you talking about?" the queen's voice was a rasp. Sera was already getting up, unfazed.
"Dont you dare! Dont you dare make this about you!" Sera yelled, advancing again on the queen. "I've been living under your shadow, being the spare sibling to the brilliant, talented, amazing queen. I've killed for you, I've tortured for you, I've done everything for you! Do you have any idea what its like being good at nothing else but dealing death? Oh wait, of course you dont. The artist, poet, scholar, athlete wouldnt know anything about being less than perfect. And then here you are, being magical, and the near first thing you do is taunt me with it!"
"I did no such thing!" Haedria retorted, climbing to her feet.
"Oh really? Maybe its your new demon friend who's been giving you all this power, power that I can never have you LIAR!" Sera rushed at her sister, fist drawn back,
Haedria raised her hands in defense, and Sera's blow hit an invisible, but very solid wall. The hand came away bloody, and Sera howled in rage and insult.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 08, 2014 3:10 pm

Oh good, she remembered the Demon, Elysia felt relieved that Darkmin's subtly had reached the Princess even in her berserk state. But on the outside Elysia looked positively frightened, horrified her arms curled up defensively around herself as if remembering lashes from another time. Tears welded in the corners of her eyes and her knees wobbled, leaning back against the wall for support. By Abyss it was beautiful to watch Sera venting everything that had frustrated her for her entire life and deliver it in such a relationship shattering manner. There was no point in interfering, yet.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 08, 2014 8:37 pm

The princess pounded and clawed at the air around Haedria but all she could feel was that damnable wall. All her rage and frustration twisted and burned and came out as a scream of hate as she tried to get to her sister. Haedria without really knowing how, kept the wall up and called Sera's name, trying in vain to break through and have her sister see reason.
"Hegate help me Sera, if you dont stop I'll-" the queen started, her back hitting the wall.
"Or what? Or what! Abyss take you!" Sera snarled back.
"Gods above, forgive me." Haedria said with a sad sigh. The wall disappeared and Sera fell forward from the loss of resistance. Her hand shot forward and grabbed Sera's face, thumb and forefingers clasping onto both temples. Archaic, strange words spilled from Haedria's mouth. The muscles in Sera's body shook and twitched as the queen's magic forced them to a relaxed state. The queen's eyes glazed over in their swirl of color, and as Sera kneeled before her queen, her eyes were the same.
'Calm. Be calm, sister.' Haedria's voice sounded in Sera's head, a beacon of stillness and safety.
Slowly, Sera nodded. Her jaw slackened and her head lolled lazily on her shoulders while Haedria still held.
'Tell me what happened.' she said, eyes serious.
In a dazed, droning voice, the princess recounted what she had learned from Feadius, and the vision of darkness she had at the top of the stairs before coming to the infirmary in a rage.
The queen's brows knit in confusion as she released her hold on Sera, both from her face and her mind. "I didnt do that." she said, her eyes clearing as the magic faded.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun May 11, 2014 2:15 pm

Elysia made herself a small as she possible could in the corner of the room tear stains marred her face and her arms wrapped around themselves defensively. A light purple bruise was beginning to form on her cheek and she rubbed it apprehensively eyeing Sera nervously. No words formed in her mouth but she stood there silently watching the two.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun May 11, 2014 2:53 pm

Sera fell to the floor. Her muscles twitched and burned as Haedria's magic let her go. She raised a fist and weakly beat at the stone. Haedria turned away from her, eyes thoughtful and searching.
"That's how youre going to be, then?" the princess said, her voice hoarse and thick with shame and defeat. "Hexing anyone and everyone till you get what you want?"
With a sad sigh, the queen kneeled beside her sister and caressed her face. "How am I to explain myself when you could not give me a chance?" Sera's eyes narrowed and she moved a fraction away from her sister's touch.
The queen then moved to Elysia and gently brushed her fingers against her bruise to heal it. "Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun May 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Elysia blushed lightly at the touch of the queen the bruise fading quickly her eyes looked up and meet the Queens, locked in a gaze with her shortly Elysia smiled, though there was a faint trace of nervousness and worry beneath the serene expression. "Yes My Queen I am alright, just .... startled. That's all." Her body began relax muscles easing from their tense hold. She continued to lie low not wanting to raise above the Queen to be seen as rude.

The Gaunt Soldier quietly made his way up towards the Queen's temporary accommodations hoping to bring his report to her before Tultrin, to impress would do wonders for his career.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun May 11, 2014 3:14 pm

The queen nodded and smiled kindly. She would let the slave girl get up on her own time. She raised a hand to her blood red hair and smoothed it down. So much has happened in so little time. Haedria ran through the facts again, trying to piece together what Sera told her. Someone from inside the castle freed the prisoners and told them to burn the books, igniting the queen's chambers in the process. Then Sera's vision of darkness, so surprisingly similar to her own.
"Come, sister. You should lay down." the queen said, stooping to help Sera up. The princess swatted away the proffered hand and easer herself onto an infirmary cot by herself.
"I can do it my self." she said.
The queen frowned. "I was just trying to help you."
"Haven you done enough?" came the retort.
"Well I'm sorry! It wasnt my fault I was born first. You've no idea the pressure father put on me to carry on the kingdom! While you had the freedom to ride horses and fight with the guards all day, I was made to stay in and study trade routes!" Haedria snapped. When the gaunt soldier knocked on the infirmary door, the queen gave a rather harsh "What do you want?"
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun May 11, 2014 3:23 pm

The Gaunt Soldier was startled by the Queens vicious face and harsh reply, the room looked dishevelled and the Queen had been yelling, at ... the Princess? Report, if he didn't he would be skewered alive for sure. Clearing his throat he began, "A sweep of the grounds has commenced, we have discovered the gatehouse watchman is dead, though his body was not struck by blade, or fang. In fact other than being clearly dead it looks as if no harm had been dealt to him. His face is however frozen in pure terror." the Gaunt soldier's eyes laid upon ELysia and stopped, Gods she was gorgeous, absolutely beautiful yet she looked so innocent, unlike the sisters. He shifted uncomfortable as he could clearly feel his weapon. "A aside from that, everyone on the grounds that was awake seems to report an inhuman shriek ripping through the night, the rumours are Delheshmir," He chuckled lightly at this to show his own disbelief, "But those are silly superstitions.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Sun May 11, 2014 3:44 pm

"A delheshmir." The queen repeated, disbelief written all over her face.
"A demon." Sera said, raising an eyebrow and staring pointedly at the queen. Haedria shot her a look that said 'I'll deal with you later.'
"In any case, there is always some shred of truth in rumor and superstition. Have the funeral rights prepared for the guardsman." the queen ordered, though her eyes narrowed in distaste. She saw the look he gave Elysia. "Now leave us."

Duro and Sevax were welcomed onto the deck of the 'Death's Herald'. It was huge and well maintained, a top class battleship. At least a hundred individual soldiers came and went and disappeared into the brig while Duro and Sevax waited. Their stolen uniforms and harrowing tale let them on board with no question, but how the captain would react to their tale would determine if they lived or died.
At the opening of the cabin's doors, all assembled sailors, each one clad in the blue and silver uniforms of Theoleas, dropped what they were doing and formed two long lines and stood at attention. Confused, Duro and Sevax moved to stand as well, but an officer from the added epaulettes on his uniform, held a hand out to them, bidding them to sit. Hobnail boots clacked on the ship's wooden deck as a large, impeccably dressed man strode out from the cabin. The silver bird was emblazoned on his large chest. Alert, searching gray eyes looked over the spy's faces.
"I heard you've come from the Sagnian camp." the man's booming voice said. The lined up sailors bowed in respect. Duro gulped while his companion nodded dumbly. So this was Theoleas. "Come inside, tell me everything." he said. He waved at the officer and told him to fetch new clothes and warm food for the two. They've come a long way.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 15, 2014 1:13 am

The gaunt soldier gulped quietly and bowed, "Yes your Majesty." and he spun around quickly and left the trio alone in the room. He had successfully delivered a report to the royalty.

(Whoo most amazing post everrrrrr)
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 15, 2014 2:29 am

Theoleas was surprisingly generous. Duro and Sevax were granted a brand new set of blue and silver uniforms that fit much better than the last pair. The spies were given mugs of a sweet-smelling warm liquid and a platter of meat and bread. The general simply sat at his desk and watched the two, patiently waiting for them to finish their food.
"The entire camp, destroyed?" he asked, leaning his bearded chin on one hand.
"Yes, sir." Duro said, swallowing a mouthful. "It was an attack at midnight. Me and my companion were sent away as soon as it happened. All we saw was a warrior of Sagna, brandishing her swords and her hair flying like flames."
"A female then. With red hair." Theoleas leaned back in his large chair, idly stroking his beard.
Sevax nodded, carefully taking a bite out of his bread. He didnt trust himself to speak. Beside him, Duro fixed his features to look miserable and haunted.
After a tense minute, Theoleas nodded and stood. "Feel free to sleep in my cabin, boys. You've had a rough journey." he smiled kindly and left the cabin, leaving Duro and Sevax staring at each other in the lamplight.

"That was easier than I thought." Sevax said, but was quickly slapped upside the head by Duro. Hissing quietly, Duro held his hand over his companion's mouth.
"Quiet! Someone might be listening." When Sevax nodded, wide-eyes, Duro let go. "We have to gauge their strength, then sneak back-"
The cabin door creaked open, and a young boy walked in holding a bowl of water. Setting the bowl down on the floor in front of the scouts, the boy leaned in close to them and whispered.
"I need you to take me to Sagna." he said, eyes flicking back to the cabin door.
"What? Why?" Sevax asked.
The boy, just older than a teenager but too young to be in the army, pleaded with the scouts again. "I need to get off this boat. Please, will you help me?"
Duro and Sevax exchanged a look. The senior nodded, but gravely. "It wouldnt hurt, I think."
The boy threw himself to the scouts, draping his arms across their necks and sobbing. "Thank you! Thank you so much! I'm Tieras, I'm completely in your debt good sirs."
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 15, 2014 5:09 am

Elysia slowly stood herself up. The soldier had briefly interrupted the spat and gave her interesting information, 'They think the scream last night to be that of a demon's? How interesting.' she held a smile back opting instead to make herself look as serious and grave as possible. Quietly she walked out of the corner he had confided in and into the middle of the room, wordlessly she looked at both Sisters before bowing into a curtsey. "Mi'lady, your Majesty, if you'll excuse me." Tilting her head upwards to seek permission before she actually moved.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Thu May 15, 2014 5:49 pm

Haedria sighed heavily. She ran a hand over her face before nodding and waving the slave girl off. "Go, if you wish. Only stay within the castle." she said, drawn and tired. Sera still glared daggers at the queen but made no move when Haedria sat beside her.
"This means we have a lot to talk about, dont we sister?" Sera said, humorlessly. Haedria pinched the space between her eyes.
"We do indeed, sister."
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1Fri May 16, 2014 1:26 am

Elysia nodded solemnly standing to her full height she whirled around wordlessly her hair whipping over her shoulders and her gown flaring out below her. She began to walk out of the room her hips swaying with each step as her form disappeared into the castle. The two sisters would need to be able to talk without restriction. She would also need to preform damage control afterwards, but for now it was an opportunity to rest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 16 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Veiled Chaos
Page 16 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next