Black Thunder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small group of people scattered around the world dedicated to keeping one story alive.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Thunder

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tainted Soul
Admin
Tainted Soul

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:28 am

The first rays of light began to peak over the horizon bringing with it much needed warmth to combat the chill of the ocean breeze. Ona looked down at the waves crashing against the side of the boat, it was small, rusted and barley kept afloat. The 8 month journey had certainly taken its toll on the young girl, her clothes now hung loosely on her thin frame, her skin pale from spending so much time below deck and her mint green hair had become such a bother to maintain that she left it in a unkempt bun. "Sweetie? Are you up?" A voice called from the cabins which made the 14 year old smile. "Yes Dad, I'm just watching the sun rise" She replied quietly. "Can you make me a coffee?  I need that little energy boost, we're due to dock in an hour" Tears welled up in the corner of her amber eyes, a few more hours "Sure, no problem" She released the brakes on her chair and wheeled  herself towards the small kitchen. It had taken some time and a lot of bruises before she finally adjusted to using her wheelchair on a boat but now it was as natural to as being on land, save for a few of their more turbulent travels where she would spend more time on the floor than anywhere else.  She gripped the kettle firmly as she mixed together the drink, instant coffee was something she despised and would be happy to get a proper latte later that day. A man entered the kitchen his skin bronzed from the sunlight and sea salt and his thinning auburn hair was neatly trimmed. "...You shaved" Ona said in shock as the man took the cup from her hands. He beamed a glee filled smile and nodded "Need to look my best for today sweetie" He replied and walked over to a pile of papers which had been strewn about in a haste. Doctor Jamison Baum was a mammoth of a man who enjoyed many of  life's indulgences, a trait which was prevalent in his appearance. His stomach was distended, his finger nails stained yellow and his face constantly flushed from the many broken capillaries. But despite his size and stature he was a good man, he had scrapped together a shoe string budget to buy a dingy little boat and set about on an expedition to save the world. 8 months at sea and he had found proof that there was in fact a natural and inexpensive way to make energy from the depths the ocean. No harm would come to the planet and the near limitless supply harnessed from the earth's core meant that humanity could thrive for generations. He planned to show this too everyone, to expose certain companies as the frauds they were and to put a stop to all the damage to their planet. Ona noted the excited expression on his face as he complied the reports, neglected his coffee as it quickly cooled. She looked at her own tiered expression in the mirror beside him and hated what she saw.

That damned insistent ringing. "No" She wailed, it did not heed her cry. "No, no, no!" She repeated as her foot mindlessly kicked, seeking desperately to silence the noise. Instead the cold air crept under her blankets, disrupting her peace. "Augh fine!" She yelped, resigning herself to her fate as sat up against the bed head, flicking the off switch on her alarm. She stretched her arms into the air and noted her phone flashing on the desk on the opposite wall. "Merda..." The blonde muttered and reached out towards the phone. It leapt to life and whisked off of the table-knocking off an old pair of socks in the process- and came to rest in the palm of her hands. She glanced at the screen '3 missed calls from QUEEN MCBITCHY and 1 voice mail from QUEEN MCBITCHY' She pressed play on the voice mail and threw the phone back on the bed before slipping out from beneath the sheets. "I don't know what you think you're doing but my patience can only go so far!" The voice on the phone shouted as her slender fingers wrapped around a purple shirt on the floor, she held it in front of herself no stains... Looks clean she sniffed it and the foul odour caused her too recoil and drop the shirt back on the floor. "This is the fourth time you've been late and it's only your first month! I am trying to run a business!" "Trying and failing" The girl mused slipping into a pair of light grey 3/4 jeans.  She carefully navigated around the piles of clothes on her floor as the voice mail continued. "I can't have some irresponsible teenager constantly late! Not to mention your attitude!" Her rubicund lips held a cheeky smile at this comment "Constantly joking around and disrupting the rest of the team! They have a future! But you... Ha, maybe if you changed you may have a future but not going the way you are now!"  She slipped into a purple collared tank top which ended a little bellow her empire line and let her blonde hair fall loosely around shoulders. "In fact if you keep this up you will not have a future in this company at all! So get your ass down her Curiosita!" The phone beeped as the message ended and she slipped it into her pocket. "Yeah, I'll get right on that" She chuckled to herself before turning towards the door.

Last edited by Tainted Soul on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor mistake)
Back to top Go down
http://blackthunder.secretsstories.net
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:19 am

In the centre of downtown Jump City stands an unremarkable red brick building. The world has been cruel to it. Formerly an apartment block its tenets have long since abandoned it, leaving it for rot. Common vagrants have since looted and vandalized it. The red walls are now a pale shell of their former selves, tagged with incomprehensible gang signs. Windows are shattered and anything thought to be of value has been stripped. Even Time itself has seen it fit to lash out cracking the walls and rotting the wood. Vermin have since taken residence, stealing it from the ravers and the drug abusers. The building is now held in superstition as the haunting grounds of a terribly dark phantom. Locals have sworn to seeing a figure staring out the second floor window late at night, and sounds can be heard from the walls and the ceiling as you wander the first floor. Even the mice and spiders dare not tread upon the phantom’s territory.

Of course, even a phantom needs a cup of coffee to start his day.

A dim light struggles to illuminate a former apartment on the second floor as the coffee machine wails to its master in the darkness. “Done already?” A cool voice calls out to no one. Shade walks towards the sound, the floor groaning in protest to each step. The pitiful lighting doesn’t bother him in the slightest, he can see perfectly. Reaching out he grabs a plain mug and fills it with coffee, taking a moment to savour the smell. He sits at the table dragged against the counter and sips at the brew. Accompanying him for this morning ritual: a knife, yesterday’s newspaper, a luger, and an old gas mask. Shade spent the next several moments drinking his coffee and staring at the gas mask, the left eye had cracked long ago, and suddenly it felt as though he had been living here far too long.

Getting up from the table Shade grabbed his coat, which like everything he owned was old, his luger and knife hide within the interior pockets. Walking into the shadows, “It’s time to find something new.” He mutters to himself as the shadows swallow his form.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Jump City always had bright lights, loud sounds, and plenty of people. The middle of the forest, however, had none of that. No human feet pounding pavement in a rush. No cars honking in rage. No endless chatter about fickle matters. In the woodlands, there was only the earth, the sky, and the animals. And one small hut hidden in the trees. It was a modest cottage, being only four wooden walls supporting a thatched roof. Inside was nothing fancy. A couple mats, a space to bathe, a hearth fire with cooking supplies. A young girl, no older than fifteen, stood by the doorway of the hut, wrangling her black school shoes onto her feet. A white blouse and gray checkered skirt marked her as a student of the nearby Jump City Academy. With a heave, she lifted her backpack onto her shoulders and fished out the strands of black hair that got pinned under its straps.
"Brother! I'm going to school!" she called into the empty hut. She turns and leaves with a smile. She's sure he heard. He always hears.
Picking her way through the woods, the lanyard of her ID snags on a low tree branch. Tugging it loose, the plastic catches a ray of light. "Takara Okarinen" it reads.
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin
Tainted Soul

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:31 pm

"Okay, okay. I'm here!" Curiosita said as she entered the building, hands raised in defence.  "How are you always late?! You live down the street!" A large woman shouted from behind a desk, her voice matching that of queen Mcbitchy. Curiosita sighed as she took the seat opposite her "Look Leah, it takes time for me to look this good and you know me looking this good attracts customers which makes better business. That's just science" A small growl rumbled in Leah's throat, a desperate attempt to hold back her pure hatred to this smug low life before her. But it was difficult to find people willing to work, even harder to find those who could navigate the city without a GPS. Curiosita reached across the desk and snatched up a walkie talkie, pinning it to the belt of her pants "So what do you have for me?" Leah only groaned in defeat as she slumped in her chair, the foam beneath held a large impression from her girth. Her emerald eyes scanned the pages before her and a sly smile crept across her face "A package needs to go to 55 Gero boulevard, room 804" "But... That's on the other side of town... Lucas has those jobs, he's got the motor" Curiosita retorted in disbelief. "No today. Lucas has other jobs, you have this one... Says in the paperwork you need to get a signature from the recipient, her names Latoya Lynch" Their eyes met with a challenging gaze, Leah was pushing her and Curiosita would be lying if she said she didn't deserve it. She had gotten this job as a favour in the first place, Leah wouldn't fire her but she could make Curiosita quit. "Merda" She muttered and snatched up the parcel, not another word was spoken as she headed for the exit. She climbed atop her violet bicycle and threw the package into her backpack "This is going to take at least an hour!" She shouted and viscously kicked the kick stand before speeding off into peak hour traffic.

Ona watched as the shore line slowly approached them. The larger buildings where coming into focus, Jump City still held an allure to her it truly was a beautiful place.  Jamison came over to her and placed his hand on her small shoulder "Home again" he smiled but she didn't respond. "We don't have a home" Ona muttered quietly, her sight focused on the city. "I know... But it had to be done, we couldn't afford this boat otherwise" Jamison thought back to how heartbroken Ona was when he sold their house, she kept screaming at him that it was her home, it was theirs', it was her mothers'. It did not belong to a stranger. She didn't talk to him for a fortnight after they left and set out on the sea, not until a group of dolphin came past and Ona was stuck in awe at their beauty. "We could buy it back now... We won't have to worry about money again once I show my findings to everyone" "...And if you didn't?" She asked "Why wouldn't I?" Ona only shrugged in response "Well I guess I'd sell the boat or something. But that's not going to happen, people need to know" They feel silent, Ona noted the warmth coming off of Jamison, it was welcoming, comforting. No matter what the time of day, no matter what the weather he seemed to radiate the warmth from within, it was something she loved about him. Nothing ever kept him down, but the world had beaten her long ago. She pushed her wheel chair back and began to head into the cabin "Where are you going?" He called out. "I'm packing... We'll be there sooner than an hour with the water this calm" Jamison peaked over to the calm blue before him and nodded in agreement before following her.

Last edited by Tainted Soul on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:44 am

Weaving through the shadows of dawn Shade found himself entirely comfortable. The shadows were after all a second home to him; though he found himself liking the real world far more. All of the sights and sounds, the people he could meet. All of this outshone the monotonous darkness of 'his' shadow world. Shade frowned as he thought, "I say my shadow world but in reality, there is her to consider." Looking to the real world he found a relevantly empty alleyway. Reaching out he grabbed onto the world and pulled himself from the shadows into the ally. Wiping imaginary dust from his coat he drew it closer to his body and walked into the street.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:31 pm

Upon leaving the woods, another Jump City student was waiting. "There you are Takara! I've been waiting ten minutes here! C'mon and get your butt moving or we'll be late and locked out again." the boy said, adjusting his backpack and fidgeting in the morning heat.
"Well you didnt have to wait for me Cas. I know my way to the school. I mean, I've been going there for years! And why is it so hard to get you to call me Kitty?" she asked with a smirk.
Cas smoothed the front of his polo shirt and adjusted his glasses with his skinny fingers. "Kitty doesnt really suit you. It sounds too..."
"To what?"
"Cute."
Takara barked a laugh and punched Cas playfully in the shoulder. "One day you'll start saying it."
The walk to the school took only ten minutes, even with dodging traffic. The gates were about to close but Takara and Cas slipped in before they did. Dashing to their class, they got to their seats before the teacher entered.
"Psst. Takara." another classmate nudged her and tossed her a folded up piece of paper.
Opening it, she saw there was a badly drawn caricature of her with various slurs including "meta-freak". Takara rolled her eyes. It was too early for her to be getting picked on, but she guessed the bullies didnt get the memo.
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin
Tainted Soul

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:19 pm

(Just wanted to say Alex I love the way you typed that discussion between Takara and Cas, so I'm now using it!)
An olive hand briefly rested on Takara's shoulder before snatching up the piece of paper off of her desk.  Ms. Willis glanced at the note in her hand before her sombre chocolate eyes laid rest on its creator, she gave a large sigh before speaking in a monotonous voice
"Maya you have been warned before, bigotry has no place in my classroom" Her hands feel to her side and crushed the paper as her hands curled into fists. The girl beside Takara squirmed uncomfortably in her chair suddenly feeling so small, her eyes fell to her feet avoiding her teachers gaze. Ms. Willis threw the crushed note back onto Maya Swan's desk
"We'll discuss this at the end of the class"She turned on her heels as she spoke and made her way back to the front of the class, her stride carried a some-what regal manner to it with an air of superiority. She was young for a teacher, having excelled in school as a child her options where nigh limitless and yet here she was, a high school teacher and nothing more. It suited her, although she would never admit it she revelled in being the smartest in the room and as a teacher she ensured it would stay like that until the end of time. Despite her kind hearted surface, there was a darkness within Ruby Willis.

Sweat dripped from her skin, her legs ached and strands off her defiant platinum hair clung to her sticky skin.  But on she pressed, convinced that the quicker this job was finished the quicker she could move on with her day. Curiosita ducked and weaved through traffic and occasionally pedestrians making their daily commute to various jobs, all the while shouting profanities to those who weren't quick enough to move. She shot around a corner, bounding up the foot path when suddenly wide eyes met with hers.
"Move it!" She shouted to the boy in front of her, he responded with a frightened stare, mired to the spot. There was not enough time to swerve past him, in frustration she lifted her hand from the handlebar and with a flick of her wrist the young boy was slammed into the locked gates he had been standing besides.
"Sorry!" Curiosita shouted as she looked back. She hadn't meant to push him quite so forcefully, but without guidance she has never quite gotten the hang of controlling her powers.  The 17 year old glanced back at the boy, he was slowly getting up and collecting his school bags. He didn't look injured. With a sigh of relief she carried on with her mission.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:35 am

(Wait Thee Ruby?)
(Also do schools in the Philippines have gates?)

Down by the city docks a cold wind was blowing. a few fishermen were unpacking from their early morning trip. "Jeez its cold today!" "Hey Hank put the push down on the dock and come help me with the cooler!" As Hank dropped the cooler to help little did he know that this was the chance the shadow figure hidden behind a stack of crates had been waiting for. Slowly but surely the figured crept closer to the box of fish. Closer and closer keeping an eye on the two fishermen, reaching her arm into the box and grabbing "Hey the hell you doing!?" One of the fishermen shouted at her throwing her into a panic. Quickly grabbing one of the fish she ran as fast as she could. fast footsteps could be heard behind her "Get back here thief!" Turning the corner around another set of crates she threw her arm out behind her as a thin layer of ice formed. As the fishermen rounded the corner the unexpected ice caused them to slip and fall. "Ah Shit, what the? He got away!" "Ah whatever Hank it was just one fish." With that the two men headed back to the boot rubbing their sore spots from the fall.

'That was close' Shiva let out a sigh of relief as she crawled into her home, a pair of broken shipping crates pulled together. Looking down at the fish in her hands her stomach remembered jut how empty it was as the adrenaline of the chase faded, she began eating the fish biting into its side and tearing at it like an animal.

(Salt water fish are considered safer to eat raw than fresh water fish due to a decreased risk of bacteria, though this still isn't safe but she's gotta do what she's gotta do.)

Walking into the street the sunlight assaulted Shade's eyes. having spend so much time in the shadow world and cooped up in a dimly lit building it was as if someone had thrust a torch into his eyes. "Oh God!" he shouted placing a hand over his face. This was going the opposite of well. Partially lifting his hand Shade began the long and painful process of adjusting to sunlight, 'Perhaps I should invest in some sunglasses, yea that'd be a great idea.'

Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:49 pm

(yay thanks! and yes, most schools here have gates or some other guarded entrance. you cant just walk in the front door)

Takara sank into her chair with a sigh, her eyes shining with gratitude for Ms. Willis. She didnt bother to glance over at Maya, not even acknowledging her presence. She'd probably get an earful later after class but what the hell, there were notes to copy. Takara pulled a beaten up ring-bound notebook that bore scorch marks here and there from when she gripped it while frustrated. Her powers were still closely tied to her emotions, so when Maya or some of the other bullies picked on her, the air around her would heat up or her hands would produce fire. It occasionally also happened in Math class. Settling down to write and listen to Ms Willis's lecture, her gaze drifted to the window. The day just started. What would later bring? And what was brother doing?

A tall man with a body as thin as a rail strode through the market place. Sunlight bounced off his paper white skin and a pair of sunglasses obscured his blood red eyes. A flick of his wrist here or a swish there caused a gust of wind or a shake of earth to distract the merchants from their wares. He swiped fruit, vegetables, and raw meats from their stands and walked off none the wiser. Lucien licked his lips as he left, the marketplace behind him erupting in cries of chaos. It was nice and all, but too tame. Much too tame. There should be more chaos, more screaming, more murder. He rolled his skinny shoulders and stalked back to the forest hut. There will be time for that later. For now, he was to wait till Takara returns from school, ready to train.
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin
Tainted Soul

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:57 pm

(Yep it's THE Ruby haha)
The rusted little boat deftly sailed to the side of the dock, Ona noted a scuffle close by between 2 fishermen and a frail young girl. She watched in amazement as the girl fled and created a sleek patch of ice on the ground, as the fishermen where sent cascading to the ground- their feet thrown out from beneath them- she made off with her small and yet no doubt valuable prize. Jamison scoffed at the sight, making his presence known to Ona -having been so entranced by the scenario she had neglected her surroundings, she didn't even here the lumbering man approach her- he shook his head in disappointment and began lowering the ramp
"Damn meta-freak" He hissed with malice dripping from his words
"She looked hungry"
"Not an excuse to break the law. They think they can get away with anything"
"She was a child" Ona shot back, her voice growing louder and more aggressive, Jamison recoiled from her, retreating to the solace of his paperwork, the conversation coming to an abrupt end. He organised his files carefully and placed them neatly in a brown leather case.
"Well I guess you were right, we got here in half the time I thought it would take" His voice was cheerful once more, as if the last 3 minutes had not occurred.
"Is everything packed?" Ona asked, participating in his charade.
"Yep, we just need to get it off the boat... Shouldn't take long. You wait here, enjoy the sunshine, I'll bring it all out"
"Okay Dad" She nodded and as she left she looked back to the city skyline, the return to Jump City a long awaited event which she both revered and dreaded.

"Augh!" Curiosita whined as she looked at the sidewalk construction before her. The road beside her was far to chaotic for a bicycle courier to risk riding into, cars sped past, back and forth with no sign of slowing. She reached onto her walkie talkie, bringing the receiver to her lips
"Leah, come in"
"Yes?" A sly voice answered making Curiosita cringe
"The Ruchey highway is unrideable, why wasn't I updated?"
"Oh yes, so it is... Avoid Ruchey Curiosita, it's unrideable"
"Yeah... Thanks"
"Over and out!" Leah said cheerfully.
Curiosita released a slow, steady breath trying desperately to vent her rage without harming anyone. The last 20 minutes of her trip had been a waste of time, with the highway unrideable she had been heading in the wrong direction.
Lucas should be doing this crap! He has the motorbike!
Reluctantly Curiosita turned around and began heading back from where she had come from, she could only take joy in the fact that this route had more down slopes than her first choice.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Shade's eyes were just finishing adjusting when a platinum blur whizzed past him on a bicycle, "Yah!, Hey watch where you're going, Arisch Depp!" He couldn't help but add a little bit of German at the end. Scowling he grumbled his red eyes watching the girl. "Yesh, kids these days always going too damn fast," tightening his coat he growled, "and rude too, no apology or anything, people used to trip over themselves if they so much as thought they insulted me." Letting out an exasperated sigh he added, "I miss having power it was nice an .... hmm" And then, deep within the confines of Shade's mind something clicked into place.

Shiva looked up from her cold meal, all of her meals were cold but she was used to that. Beyond her crate she could see another boat pulling in, 'maybe they'll have more food on board.' she thought to herself. running the ragged sleeve of her coat over her mouth she looked down at her half eaten fish, 'If I leave this alone will a cat come by and eat it?'. It was a sad but true fact of life that Shiva had to often compete with stray cats for food, having being scratched and bit by strays intruding on her food, "I'll just freeze it." she murmured to herself placing her hands over the fish coating it in a layer of ice. With that she turned towards the new boat leaving her hopefully safe meal behind and crept towards the boat sneaking among the crates of the docks.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:59 pm

Takara was falling asleep in class. It was the fifth time she jolted awake when her head fell off her hand when she felt something hit her head. A crumbled ball of paper bounced off her black hair and landed on her notebook. Bracing herself for more swears, she checked if Ms. Willis was looking before she unfolded the paper ball onto the desk.
"You're a metahuman right? I am too! Lets be meta buddies!" it wasnt signed with a name, but with several lopsided hearts. Confused, she looked around by the back of the classroom. A short Asian girl sitting at the back row waved back, a big grin on her face. She sighed heavily and turned back to face front. Oh no, not Minhee. That girl was weird and chattered endlessly in another language. Takara bundled the scarp of paper in her fist and blew into it. The paper was incinerated with barely a puff of smoke.
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin
Tainted Soul

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:48 pm

(I actually was gonna put an update on Ruby here... But I literally have no idea what class she is teaching XD)

Ona noticed the blue haired girl walking up towards them, she instinctively glanced towards the cabin. Jamison was still busy gathering their belongings and making preparations, she smiled at the girl and gripped the railing of the boat to pull herself forward.
"Hello" She said quietly, trying not to draw attention from Jamison.

(Meanwhile Curiosita rides a bike haha)
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:12 pm

( I'll figure something out for Shade to do later on )

Shiva froze dead in her tracks hearing the quiet greeting, nervously looking towards the voice of a young girl just like her on the balcony of the ship she was about to try and rob. Gulping nervously in her throat, "H ...hello." she stammered a small greeting back. Her hand twitched nervously as the possibilities ran through her head, 'Will she turn me in? Will I have to run? I still have that fish at home but it might not be enough. I can use my powers to, but I'd hate to do that to someone who isn't chasing me. Maybe if I ask nicely she'll, well what are the chances of that?'
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:19 am

Takara was bored. Like most students, she began to space out and doodle in her notebook. She drew little drawings of cats and foxes, and the name 'Kitty' over and over again. A loud, jarring noise startled her out of her day dream. Already Ms. Willis was ushering students out of the classroom in a rush. Over the noise, she heard the phrase "fire alarm" repeated with panicked voices. Sweeping her school junk into her ratty old backpack, she joined her class out the door and into the Jump City Academy field.
"Youre welcome." a sly voice called from the shadows, and Takara's face instantly lit up. She edged carefully to the side of the building where Lucien hid, so as not to arouse suspicion. Even though he did set off the fire alarm.
"How did you know I wanted to get out of there?" she asked. Lucien's spiked teeth tore into an apple as she spoke.
"Who would want to be trapped in a building on such a beautiful day?" his sly eyes were hidden behind his sunglasses.
"Thanks, but education is still import-" Takara trailed off when she saw a flash of platinum hair through the bars of the far gate. It was a girl riding past the school on a bicycle, her bright hair trailing behind her in the wind. The color was so odd to Takara, who was used to seeing forest greens and browns, and the dull blondes of her classmates.
"Who is that?" she asked, as the rider turned out of sight.
Lucien shrugged and swallowed what was left of the apple, pits and stem and all. "Perhaps you should find out?"

(sorry, just assumed that since the highway is closed, Curiosita would have to go in the other direction, which may be the school
Lucy breaks them out whoooo!)
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin
Tainted Soul

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:33 pm

The girl didn't respond, she only stared blankly at Ona. Ona pulled the padded brown coat closer to her skin too hold in some of her warmth, the chill in the air had grown stronger.
"What's your name?" She asked in an attempt to kill the awkward silence.

Curiosita stared at the influx of school kids pouring from the doors
What's going on? She sped past the group when suddenly her front wheel caught itself on the edge of a small hole in the sidewalk. The back end of her bicycle lifted up wards into the air, swinging without any chance of control. Her grip on the handle bars slipped as she tumbled forward, the bicycle flung out from underneath her and over the top and as she went crashing into the earth, she stopped. An inch from the ground the blonde hovered above the concrete, a trail of sweat trickled down the tip of her angular nose a splattered against the sidewalk as she released a sigh of relief. Her hand was out before her -fingers outstretched- towards her bike which now floated above her. She twisted herself around and gently landed on her feet
"Need to be more carefully" She muttered absent minded and returned to her bike, gripping the handle bars once more and ready to continue her journey.
"She's one of those meta-freaks" A shrill voice cried from the crowd, the words made her cringe.
"Get her Maya!" Another voice insisted. Curiosita looked to the crowd and a girl with short dark hair stepped forward, she was at least 3 years younger than her and had the thin physique of a tennis player, or badminton or one of those sports that avoided actually physical contact with another human being which rich people seemed to love.
Get her? Are they seriously going to start a fight between me and this twig. Ugh kids Curiosita ignored them and went to climb back atop her bike when the girl shouted
"Hey! Don't turn your back on me!" She hurled a rock towards Curiosita which was easily stopped, it hovered in a circle around Curiosita's head as she played out her various action's within her mind.
"Why can't you meta-freaks all just die! You don't belong here like us normal people!" The girl named Maya yelled to the cheers of a few of her classmates, which seemed to boost her ego. Curiosita only sighed and began approaching the girl, it seemed she wasn't expecting this as the girl quivered slightly at her approach.
"We don't belong here? Are you sure about that? Because we are here you stupid twat and we are better-" She mentally shoved the girl backwards a little into the crowd
"Stronger-" Another push
"And outnumber you normal folk" Maya was pressed against the school wall, pinned against it with an invisible force
"And I'm betting you pick on us because you know it and you know it's you who will end up dead and not us... So you better be nice to us, we might keep you as a pet" Curiosita whispered in her ear before dropping the rock on her head without much force, a small knock nothing more. She turned around and looked at all the frightened faces around her and felt disgusted. She hadn't meant any of her words but knew the type of person Maya was, fear was the only way they'd learn.
"Excuse me!" A voice shouted angrily and Curiosita groaned.
"What do you think you are doing?!" Ms. Willis shouted, coming between Maya and Curiosita
"She's only a child!"
"Yeah well keep a better leash on your juvies lady, that is a teachers job isn't it?" Curiosita spat back and walked back towards her bike.
"You can't just leave after that! I'll have the police after you for assaulting a minor!" Ruby said fiercely as she followed her.
"Oh really? With what witness? Maya did you see anything happen?" Curiosita called out and the dark haired girl only slowly shock her head.
"Right, no case with the cops then" She climbed back on her bicycle and as she headed down the road shouted back
"Arrivederci! testa di merda!"

(Welcome to your Italian lesson, Arrivederci, testa di merda means goodbye shithead. This completes the lesson)
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:44 am

A commotion erupted near Shade, a girl with Telekinetic powers, the blond girl from before had threatened a girl, 'Powers of the mind? Interesting, I haven't seen powers like that in years.' A sly smile crept across his face, 'perhaps she'll be helpful' as he quietly approached the girl.

Shiva noticed the girl pulling her coat tighter, her powers were affecting her without her consent. She didn't have full control over herself the air around her was always so cold, one of the many reasons people avoided her. Her pale skin while not always a trait of meta-humans did set her apart and isolated her, 'I wish I could control myself,' deep within her mind she barely heard the girl ask her name. Looking up slightly shocked she stammered, "S Shiva. ...It's Shiva." Shiva, the last thing she had left of her parents was that name.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:11 pm

Takara watched the scene with eyebrows to the sky. "That girl," she started. "Does not give a shit."
Lucien only grunted. He was watching something else, something dark, that began moving from behind another building. "I mean like, not one shit what anyone thinks of her! Not even half a shit!" Takara continued, astonished.
"She's proud to be a meta-human. Simple as that. She also has better control of her powers, unlike someone." Lucien said pointedly and Takara grinned, embarrassed.
"Well...I wish she wasnt leaving so soon. Someone that gives Maya and the others a good shake is..." She trailed off and tried to find the right word. "Totally awesome. Right, brother?" when she turned to Lucien, he was gone.
"Takara! Hey!" a high-pitched voice squealed from behind her in an East Asian accent. When Takara looked back, Minhee was a foot away from her face. "Hi! I know we never really talked in class but I think youre great and just misunderstood and totally daebak so I was hoping we can hang out?" the girl chittered.
Takara looked around for Lucien one more time, but didnt see him anywhere. He didnt like to be seen by anyone else. So Takara sighed and nodded her head reluctantly. She got a bone-crushing hug in return.
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin
Tainted Soul

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:31 pm

Ona smiled at Shiva's nervousness, was she really that intimidating? Ona eased back into her wheelchair
"It's nice to meet you" She smiled, brushing aside some strands of her emerald hair.
"My name is-" Ona froze at the sound of approaching footsteps. A sour look became placed on her face as her body tensed
"You have to go..." She said quietly
"You have to leave he doesn't understand us" Her words dripped with disgust before she reached into her coat pocket.
"Here" She threw a crumpled up twenty dollar bill on the decking at Shiva's feet
"Take it and leave"

Slamming on the breaks Curiosita came to a skidding halt in front of the shrouded figure.
"You need to watch out! I almost crashed!" She yelled, her eyes grew wide as she regarded him. Skin black as a starless night and eyes as red as fresh blood on snow. Curiosita thought highly of herself when it came to regarding those around her on their personality rather than their appearance, however every instinct in her being told her to run, it pleaded with her too flee, escape this wretched being and scuttle off to safety.
"I... I have to go" She said uneasily
"I have this... I've got to make a delivery" Slowly she manoeuvred around him before quickly picking up sped down the street.

"Are you okay?" Ruby asked as she coddled the young girl. Maya pushed her aside, despite still being visible shaken she had an image to maintain
"I'm fine, stupid freak" She muttered and stumbled away from Ms. Willis. She watched as Maya was quickly accepted back into the group with discussions of surviving the 'crazed meta-freak's attack' a girl like Maya Swan could turn this into a massive PR story and still end up the hero. Ruby looked to the street where the blonde woman had arrived and left, it was no doubt the girl was unstable but to see someone so brazen, was intriguing.

(I love how Curiosita does something and nearly every character in the RP takes notice of her in some way, girl knows how to make an entrance)
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:08 am

Shiva's eyes grew wide seeing the crumpled twenty land at her feet; her street urchin instincts kicked in and instantly her hands lunged forward snagging the precious paper. Only a moment later did she realize that she was being told to leave,
"Bye," She tried to say quietly enough to be heard, "and thanks."
with that she ran off as fast as her little feet could carry her. The Ice Girl of the Docks ran all the way to her box clutching the money in her hand tightly,
'She was so nice!'
she thought to herself, Shiva had never tried begging before because it seemed most people regarded her with distrust, but perhaps not everyone would be terrible to her.
'I never got her name though' a sad tinge of feeling waved over her,
' I must have looked really rude grabbing the money like that and running, I hope I didn't make her think badly of me.'

Shade's smile twisted into a large grin as the girl with telekinesis fled,
"My my so much power and still know how to feel fear?"
a dark chuckle escaped him (kinda like a muwahahaha) It reminded Shade of Nazi Germany, people stumbling over themselves to get out of his way as an officer of the Gestapo. The feeling of being feared was undeniably wonderful to him.
Shade's eyes narrowed, the gaze of another could be felt on him, turning to look he saw and heard a squealing schoolgirl clinging unto another, but no one watching him,
'odd, I knew I felt .... She can't be here last I heard of her she was in Korea,'
Shade trusted his gut, someone was watching him, and from that direction. He could always find that telekinetic from earlier later, she had attacked someone and no doubt the police would become involved, he could find her through them. Whoever was watching him however was nearby, and he had to find out who and why. Perhaps he was just paranoid, couldn't hurt to check. Walking towards the two girls he saw his coattails whipped around him giving him the impression of gliding,
"Excuse me, did you know who was just standing here?" he said motioning his arm in the general area around himself." He wasn't sure if the girls would even answer him or just up and run immediately, perhaps he should have thought about that.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:24 am

Takara stammered, unable to speak. The sight of the dark man with red eyes brought on such an overwhelming feeling of fear that Minhee's crushing hug was soon returned. The Korean girl clung tighter to her classmate and buried her face in Takara's shoulder so as not to look. Her body was as taut as a bowstring. A primal, instinctive fear came over Takara, and the stress from trying to figure out if she should fight or flee was getting to her. The air around her and Minhee was starting to shimmer, and she herself was becoming less opaque. Looking upon him was like looking at evil itself, or maybe death or maybe a demon. But no, demons dont look like that. They looked like-
"Calm yourself sister." a familiar voice said from behind Shade, and Takara let out the breath she didnt know she held. "I am here."
Lucien stared fixedly at Shade, his sunglasses gone and a light-gray tracing of veins showing on his pale skin. All pretense for normalcy was gone. "I was not expecting you to be here, of all places, shadow man."
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin
Tainted Soul

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:34 pm

A gratified smile crept on to Ona's face as she watched the azure-coiffed girl quickly retreat to her hideaway. It was a small gesture on Ona's part, but something she hoped would even the odds against her many sins, she knew some - if not most- could be considered unforgivable but at the very least she had help one small girl eat for a while. Jamison emerged from the cabin, hefting several bags of luggage under each of his arms. Including one brown leather briefcase, it had been a wedding gift from Norah's father and Jamison had treasured it since, and now it contained the ticket to his new life to a better life for not only him and his daughter but for each and every person on the planet. He dropped the bags at his feet and reached for the lever to lower the ramp onto the dock, the hydraulic system kicked in and slowly the white ramp descended. Jamison couldn't help but smile as he watched it, the sun was shining on a beautiful day and soon he would be able to give his daughter the life she deserved. A small hand reached up and patted his shoulder, Jamison turned and saw a frail girl standing before him
"Your... Your standing" He muttered in disbelief, it was impossible, a miracle. The girl only sheepishly nodded, tears in her eyes her wheel chair far behind her.
"You walked over here? Jodie! It's a miracle" He went to embrace her but as he got close she struck him in the stomach, doubled over in pain he looked to her with pleading eyes before she grasped the side of his head and viciously slammed it against the side of the boat. Ona calmly kneeled beside his slumped body and placed her hand on his forehead. She grimaced as she pulled her hand backwards, ripping an intangible thread, she gave a lumbering sigh of exhaustion before gripping he briefcase by his side.
"I'm sorry... It's just business" She whispered, angrily wiping the tears away as she walked down to the dock. A black car which had been waiting in the dock parking lot pulled out and drove in front of her, she quickly climbed into the sedan with tinted windows and threw the briefcase on the floor.
"It's all in there and I've wiped the computers. He'll think it was just a virus"
"And what does he think he found?" The words passed by her sanguine lips, her voice was sickly sweet like a vixen's kiss.
"Nothing" Ona replied quietly
"Dr. Baum failed to save the world, he found nothing in the ocean as far as he's concerned we're still dependant on fossil fuel" She finished, reaching for the cigarette her hostess offered.
"Good work as always Ona, and what of Jodie?"
"Jodie died in a car crash with her mother Norah, he remembers this again"
Sapphire eyes stared at Ona, noting the despair in her voice.
"Eight months is a long time... I'll give you some time off before calling for your services again. Don't go native Ona, you're better off with us"
"I know Miss. May..." She leaned against the door and watched the world pass by her, wishing desperately that she could take her own memories as well.

Breath, just breath Curiosita repeated the words like a mantra in her mind. Trying to calm her shaking nerves after meeting the mysterious man of darkness. A part of her was disgusted by her behaviour, she didn't know him and yet she had already condemned him. Another part agreed with her choice to trust her instincts, to just flee. But an even larger part of her screamed to go to Plastered Patron. She decided to listen to herself and headed towards her favourite bar.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:06 am

'Well I probably should have expected that,' Shade looked down at the cowering girls with disappointment, and was about to leave when he heard an excruciatingly familiar voice droning on behind him. Shade's smile split into a frightening grin.
"Why I haven't heard that galling voice in what feels like an eternity." Shade twisted his body around to face Lucien voice dripping with a mock politeness.
Shade let out an audible gasp as he laid eyes on Lucien, "Lucien you practically look like a ghost! My goodness you somehow look worse then when I last saw you, in .. Peru was it? You look ghastly, have you tried getting some sun?"
Shade had to resist bursting into a fit of laughter, sure Lucien could toss a fire ball or freeze him in place but it was absolutely delightful to toy with the demon and Shade had had quite droll past 80 or so years.

(OH GOD WHY CAN'T I STILL GET RID OF LUCIEN X SHADE IN MY HEAD GRRAAAHHHHHH)

The office was decorated with the highest in luxury goods: Mahogany Desk, black leather chairs, and a grand 80" HD Plasma screen TV on a seemingly permanent real of political campaign ads. GRANT THORSTEAN FOR JUMP CITY PROTECTING YOUR FREEDOM, A FAMILY MAN FROM A GOOD CHRISTIAN HOME WILLING TO STAND UP AND PROTECT YOU FROM META-HUMANS,
"Godfuckingdamnit Christina! She's just my fucking secretary!" Grant screamed onto his personal phone his large paws nearly encasing the entire smartphone, and nearly crushing it from anger.
"Yea well fuck you too!" Forehead vein popping as he slammed his phone to the desk with a great thunder crash, luckily his interior designer had the foresight to have a soft impact absorbent material installed onto the top of the desk to prevent damage to delicate things like electronics, and heads. Thorstean scoffed at his bitch for a wife, he had more important things to worry about, like his next big ad campaign and taking the competition down,
'Heh this election season will be cinch all I have to do is drum up enough public fear and hate for those freaks and promise to take 'em all out jail 'em, kill 'em the public won't care. Let's see Cratchit beat me then!'

(Holy Shit a politician what tha fuq!?)

Twenty whole dollars all to herself! "What should I get with it? I could get so many thing I could get toys candy, clothes, maybe a house, I .. no I can't get a house. Jeez Shiva you're so stupid."
Frowning sadly to herself she walked back to her crate. Talking to herself was not uncommon she never had much of an opportunity to talk with anyone much since she was usually running away from people so she like to at least try to have conversations with herself. She couldn't stay down for long as she nuzzled in her little box, her own little private universe she wondered what she could do with the money,
'I should probably save it for food.' she decided.

( So I've got more crazy new characters to come! Just not sure when to intro them all = P)
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:36 pm

("I know Miss May" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA)

Lucien rolled his eyes. "Hilarious, Shade." he said through gritted teeth. "And I believe we last encountered each other along the Ganges."
He moved past Shade to Takara who still stared wide-eyed at both of them. At Lucien's approach, Minhee turned and ran away, into the safety of the school building.
"Oh dear, there goes the other one." he said without much care. Lucien laid a hand on his sister's nape and her eyes rolled up just before they closed. Her body went limp and unresponsive. "What brings you here, to Jump City of all places? It is no longer war time and there are no soldiers for you to lord over, Officer of the Gestapo."

Minhee ducked into an empty classroom, breathing heavily. She pushed herself into a far corner and attempted to catch her breathe and calm her shaking hands. "I knew it. I knew it!" she whispered to herself. "The agma and the other one...That demon knows her. I knew it!" her grin was one of joy and conquest, her shaking was from excitement. "Oh what I could do with their power..."
Back to top Go down
Tainted Soul
Admin
Tainted Soul

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:38 pm

"Honey, I'm back" Curiosita yelled excitedly as she entered the Plastered Patron. The bar had an old charm too it which seemed to be unappreciated by Jump City civilians as the majority of the time it was deserted, just the way she liked it.
"Do you have money this time?" A voice with an irish tint called from the back.
"Maybe" Curiosita playfully strolled up to the counter and a white haired man came out to met her.
"Look lass, you know the deal. No money, no booze"
"Come on! I'll open a tab" She begged only making the bar tender groan. He shook his head and turned away to return to the back but the door slammed shut in front of him and locked itself.
"That's not funny Curiosita" Curiosita jumped over the top of the counter and wrapped her arms around his waist
"How about we make it a date? You can buy me a drink"
"This again. I'm sorry lass you're not my type" He gently grabbed her arms and pulled them off of his torso, she pouted like a small child and crossed her arms.
"What is your type anyway?"
"Legal" She chocked back a laugh, refusing to let her anger go. He sighed, defeated and placed a bottle on the counter behind her.
"One drink... That's it" Gleefully she reached for the beverage and twisted off the top
"Thanks Cody"
(I'm just throwing in all these characters haha!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Thunder   Black Thunder Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Black Thunder
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next