Black Thunder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small group of people scattered around the world dedicated to keeping one story alive.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Veiled Chaos

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:55 pm

The Paper cracked in protest at being hit by a face full force.

Yurean looked at the councillors surprised that they hadn't caught understanding, "Well there's a war going on we must do it tonight." he said simple and matter of factly.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:59 pm

"Tonight!" the woman shrieked, followed by a quick barrage of orders to the other councilors and servants. "I've no idea how you plan on it being so soon, but so be it. Kerza can construct a coffin for you, as well as prepare her Majesty. Invitations will be sent out, and the chefs informed."

Sera swatted blindly for the paper, clutching in her bandaged hand. She flipped over onto her back to read it, and tears threatened to fall with every passing word. Elysia. Elysia did care.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:11 pm

Yurean nodded, I will have the throne hall decorated quickly by tonight there need not be any worries amongst the council so long as the castle servants prepare quickly and ...the Houndmaster had best make a fitting coffin." practically spitting out the bile and venom in his mouth.

Upon the highest tower of Sagna, the breeze of summer crushed her face and ran itself through her hair. The Kingdom scurried and shuffled below. The militia trained, the guards patrolled, and all around her was sadness, misery, despair, the dark desires for pain and suffering as well as the anguishing of the sufferers. Warships rested fr beyond the coast past even her vision waiting to bring death, she did not know why. The thought made her tremble, this world was so dark, the future was uncertain, the next hour, the next moment, dark, cloudy, uncertain. That was Chaos in its element. Uncertainty, the spice, never knowing what would happen next though this world still had certainty to it, but over the years He had learned to savour what tastes of Chaos he could. Elysia ran a hand through her wind kissed hair and waited, for nothing, for everything.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Sera placed Elysia's note lightly on her nightstand table and looked down at herself. She stank of the dungeons, its cloying, foul stench of death and blood clinging to her clothes. Perhaps a bath was in order. Just as she got up to remove the offending clothing, there was a knock at her door. A servant, pale and shaking with nerves, had managed to navigate the crowd of warhounds outside. They knew the man meant no harm, but decided to humor themselves by nipping at his ankles.
"A message, princess Sera." he said. "From the council."
Sera took the paper and dismissed him. The servant gulped and turned around, only to be greeted by two dozen snarling dogs.
Sera's heart fell as she read the note. Queen Haedria's funeral was to be later tonight? Did the council want her sister gone so badly? It couldnt be helped. They would have their funeral, but she would have her war. With her guard dogs following obediently, Sera made for the baths but sent the smallest, least threatening one to run through the castle and find Elysia.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:09 am

Yurean had a spring in his step as he pranced about the throne room throwing decorations about, ribbons and, flowers, and tables, and chairs. He needed to aid but his own. The Ribbons were illusions, the flowers were too and the air buzzed with Yureans song.

"Oh, who survived the Yurean Plague?

Nobody, Nobody,

No one survived the Yurean Plague?

That's true, yes that's true!

The plague caused sores and more, as it swept through! Oh that's true.

The town choked and stifled and dropped like flies.

Dying in droves, Dying in holes!

What was left of the town gathered around.

Panic and fear had spoiled their cheer!

They turned to listen to their wise seer!

A great big hole they would dig.

turn the ground into a corpse brig.

Who survived the Yurean Plague?

Nobody, nobody

no one survived the Yurean Plague?

that's True, yes that's true!"
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:00 pm

The queen sat stock still in the wardrobe. She supposed she should move, as sweet Sera shared the same room and her master said to keep hidden. She rose and went to one of the long hanging tapestries in the room. A scene from Sagna's long and bloody history was embroidered upon it, but the queen ignored the beautiful worksmanship. Haedria eased the heavy thing aside to find a hidden door etched upon the stone. There were hundreds of secret passageways in the castle, to be used by the nobility but hopefully unknown to any assassins. She disappeared into it.

Sera impressed upon the servants in the bath that she was to be left alone. They all scurried away in fear, leaving the princess in the chamber alone with her dogs.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:05 pm

After a lengthy period of respite atop of highest tower of Sagna, Elysia began her descend down the spiralling stair case, her head was cleared and she felt at ease. (Having thoroughly enjoyed Cruise Ship Jousting) Then from out of nowhere a tiny dog leapt from out of the blue startling her, "Where did you come from!" she shouted t the little monster.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 pm

The little dog, the runt of the princess's pack, tugged at the hem of Elysia's dress. There was something strangely off about the girl, and the dog didnt trust her one bit, but she smelled like the princess and an order was an order. It barked and motioned for her to follow it.

Sera sank below the surface of the water, letting its heat burn away some stress and tension of the day. But as hot as the water could get, it could not warm her heart. The princess raised her head from the water and stared, hollow and unblinking, at the opposite wall. She continued to mull in the water, unaware of the dark eyes longingly watching her from the shadows. Pale, death-cold hands ached to reach out and touch Sera, to tell her that her sister was not gone. But heavy with regret, Haedria turned away and proceeded down the hidden path. She could not reveal herself. Not yet.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:30 pm

Elysia cocked an eyebrow at the little mongrel yipping and nipping at her like it thought it was in charge. Why did Sera have such a strangely connected relationship with these creatures it was almost druidic, but not quite there. Regardless it seemed as though the Princess might have sent the beast so Elysia followed behind it keeping her distance from the dog. She hated dogs, those types of creatures typically had too sensitive senses and were able to detected the innate, malicious intent within her core.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:38 pm

The runt led Elysia to the baths, where Sera had taken to sitting in the hot water with her face in her hands, quietly sobbing. The other warhounds looked up when the runt and slave girl walked in, but made no noise. Frustrated with herself and at everything in general, Sera splashed hot water in her face to wash away her burning tears.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:47 pm

Elysia did her best to ignore the horde of hounds, it was unnatural how silent they were, how intelligent they all were. They were reminding her more and more of the Wolves of Gentri, however unfortunately for her these dogs were not friendly, nor touched by the dark forces of the world. Entering the bathes Elysia automatically removed her clothing letting it fall to the floor around her, and wordlessly she slipped into the waters next to Sera. Wrapping her around softly around the Princess' strong shoulders and pressing their bodies together, leaning her head against hers.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:54 pm

Sera wrapped her arms around Elysia as well. Arms that were scarred from years of sword fighting, hands that were rough from gripping reins and hilts. Her shoulders, muscled from a warrior's training, shook with choked out sobs. As strong as the princess was, she could not be strong now. She buried her face in Elysia's hair, red, just like her sister's. Sitting in the baths that she shared with her sister. Everything reminded Sera of Haedria and with the queen gone, everything hurt. She pulled Elysia in closer.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:02 pm

Elysia curled her body around Sera. A perfectly crafted body. Strong, tender, comforting. Painstakingly made detail by detail. She sat there in silence her hands running up and down Sera's back rubbing her trying to ease away the pain with her touch the Assurance that she was still there. Waiting silently for Sera.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:06 pm

"Why?" Sera chocked out eventually, her voice muffled by Elysia's hair. "Why did this have to happen?" she asked, not really expecting an answer. "Why Haedria?" her voice was weak.
She released Elysia and looked into her eyes. They could not match the grief and sorrow in her heart, but at least she was not alone.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:14 pm

Elysia tilted her head, did her best to look as heart wrenching sad as possible and mentally ensured her voice would carry a significantly sorrowful melody upon it. After all Darkmin didn't feel sorry about this situation, in fact it embodied what he represented. An event causing and event which leads to a serious of chain reactions causing the entire world to exist. The death of Haedria was one of those chain reactions, which would in turn cause more chain reactions. In fact it was a little ironic to Darkmin that he had come to this world to create this chaos, yet this powerfully chaotic event he had no hand it. He wanted to say that There was no grand divine plan for these things, the war happened, the enemy wanted to destabilize the government to weaken the country in order to make it an easier conquest. but Elysia wouldn't say that, at least right away, instead what she said was, "I wish I knew, I wish I could have done something ... anything to have changed this."
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Sera leaned against the edge of the baths. She felt so weak, as if her limbs had turned to stone along with her broken heart. She knew she ought to kill everyone who caused this grief. Have Tieras thrown to her dogs to die a horrible and slow death. She would send the Sagnian armies out to sea to take the battle straight to the enemy fleet, or swim out there by herself and cut all the bastards down. Maybe even punish the castle guards personally. But now, now she could barely move, paralyze with grief as she was.
"No one could have changed this. No one knew." she said flatly.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:28 pm

Elysia wrapped herself once more around Sera, "True, I guess it's better not to get caught in the what ifs. I'm scared for you now though Mi'lady, you are the last of your line. Surely the enemy will send assassins after you. If not the enemy perhaps an overly ambitious nobleman within your own court?"
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm

Sera leaned into Elysia. "I know, I'm painfully aware. I'm the last of the Sagnian royal line." her voice cracked briefly. Clearing her throat, she continued. "I'm the last person with a rightful claim to the throne. The responsibility of....of conceiving an heir falls to me. If I am killed before an heir is born, the throne would be snapped up by the idiotic council or some uppity noble. Generations of rulers from House Dargan...the line would grind to a halt."
She sighed, her breath ghosting over Elysia's skin. "I trust no one but you and Kerza. I've chosen to have my hounds as my royal bodyguards. At least they would never raise a dagger behind my back." she said bitterly.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Elysia tilted her head looking confused, "Wow that's really clever Mi'lady, after all they have paws and cannot wield daggers! I must ask Mi'lady why are the dogs so loyal to you? Not only that but they seem much more intelligent than regular animals, and if you'll pardon my rudeness at times seem more intelligent than the people of the castle. Barring You of course Mi'lady."
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:04 pm

Sera chuckled and blindly reached an arm behind her. The nearest hound, a large black dog with tan spots, obediently came forward and placed its head under the princess's hand.
"I raised and bred them personally. My warhounds, a motley line of dogs as they are, were bred from a handful of Aldoran wolves crossed with Sagnian hounds. They're near sentient and so very intelligent, fiercely loyal and protective, and they listen only to me and Kerza." she said as she scratched the dog behind its ears. The dog's mouth fell open in a happy pant.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:40 am

'So these creatures are much like the wolves of Gentri, intelligent beasts that can detect otherworldly entities.' Elysia eyed the spotted dog wearily, It was an unfortunate combination of loyalty and intellect. Something like that couldn't be meddled with easily, if at all. This time Darkmin did not have the benefit of dark forces or divine superstition to aid him, unlike with the Wolves of Gentri.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:00 pm

Sera released the dog, who ambled off to lay beside one of the others. The princess sank a bit into the water with a soft sigh. "Haedria didnt mind when I would spend entire days in the kennels with Kerza. She would sometimes bring me food after I had missed dinner from tending to the pups. She was never very fond of them, but she knew how much I love them." Sera laughed dryly. "I mean, she had the kennels made for my dogs. Sagna never had warhounds till I started it. They've become as much my family as Haedria and Kerza."
A thought came to her, and Sera sat up a bit straighter to look at Elysia properly. "What about you? What do you think of them?"
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:03 am

Elysia leaned back slightly allowing the water's warmth to envelop her. "The Dogs?" she thought aloud 'Mongrels, aggravating, beasts' were in the back of her head as she smiled slightly, "They do look darling, though I do not find they like me very much at all, I am unsure as to why that is."
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:11 am

Sera's brows furrowed in concern. "Yes, I've noticed it too. Something bothers them, yet they dont act upon it without my word." Looking behind her, she saw a hound with pointy ears sitting but at attention, staring straight at Elysia. The others werent any more relaxed.
"I must admit it gives me cause for concern." she looked at Elysia curiously, studying her features and every delicate curve of her body. "What do you hide from me?" she murmured.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:50 pm

Elysia turned her head away from the eye's of the mongrels and feigned innocence in front of Sera, "Perhaps they do not like my scent, I've been in the castle for only a few days and I assume I'm a bit of a dramatic change from the regular smells. I assume they would treat the Northern Tribesmen the same way, would you say they act differently around Lord Hamiclar? After all Mi'lady you've explored me very intimately, have you found anything that should be of concern?" He eyes catching tracing of Sera's point of focus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veiled Chaos   Veiled Chaos - Page 22 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Veiled Chaos
Page 22 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next