Black Thunder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small group of people scattered around the world dedicated to keeping one story alive.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reboot: Veiled Chaos

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

Reboot: Veiled Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:35 pm

Screams filled the air of the once noble Kingdom of Gentri, peasants ran in fear or tried to barricade themselves within their homes as a torrent of midnight black beasts, the wolves of Gentri rampaged through the streets. Bodies littered the city and blood decorated its walls as the wolves systematically swept through alley by alley surrounding the unfortunate and ceremoniously killing them. These were apocalyptic times for Gentri as the wolves had gained a sinister intelligence and had used it to wipe out their army, and worship their dark god. Even know the wolves were rolling in the pools of blood, clothing themselves in the blood of their enemies and howling their praises to the sky.

But it all went silent, peasants crept with an eerie apprehension to their doors, straining to listen to the noises outside. The wolves were pacing about frantically searching, when a loud howl roared off in the distance the entire city swelled up in a simultaneous howl of sorrow, the dark god of the wolves had left Getri in search of fresh conquests! Through the forest he had left, swiftly swiftly, they had to follow, but it would be a great journey, and they had to prepare.

Meanwhile in the nameless and ever dark forests of Sagna a great beast stalked silently. With Fur the colour of the deepest night and eyes gleaming as if made of fire and gold the beast shaking the ground with each mighty paw, the trees shook fiercely and animals fled it's path, the air stunk of blood. It was drawn to the Kingdom of Sagna, it felt something calling to it, the seeds of conquest, the opportunity for more power, a veiled chaos hide in these lands. It had to find it. Feeling invigorated by the destruction of Gentri it had begun to crave more and more and with a mighty Howl the entire forest shrunk in terror. The birds erupted from the forest in an ominous cloud screeching their warning to all the world, Darkmin had come to Sagna.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:58 pm

In the darkened bedchamber, deep within the castle cut into the side of a volcano, the queen's eyes flashed open.

Queen Haedria stared a while at the ceiling as she strained to listen to the sounds around her. There was the soft, even breathing of her sister beside her, the faint scrabbling of a mouse's claws on stone. The queen's bedchamber was too far into the mountain to hear the wind, but she was sure she heard it: a howl.

The queen felt it, more than actually heard it. It was a low yet cutting sound that bore great magic. As a mage, the queen was well in tune with the power and magic of the earth. This was different, it was foreboding and sudden.

Haedria quietly got out of bed, being sure to not wake her sister, the Knight Protector and Princess of Sagna. She dressed in a light silk robe and left the bedchamber, pacing restlessly through the castle.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:10 am

Approaching the edge of the forest Darkmin felt the beating heart of the land beneath him. He could smell the toil and the blood of the peasants, a great aura of dread filled the land pouring through into every nook and cranny. The smell whet his appetite he was gettign excited to manipulate and destroy this land. Though the form of a Great Wolf God was not one for subtlety and manipulation, Darkmin's food and drink. The darkness swirled around him, engulfing the area and the gold in his eyes dimmed. His form contorted and twisted in the shadows becoming that of man, a gray cloaked traveler with a plain face and little in the way of wealth.

Darkmin knew little of the lands beyond Gentri, and what he did know didn't matter since he knew not the name of where he was. He needed information, and so he began to wander into the villages, his eyes steadily observing the large volcanic mountain in the distance, foreboding and diabolic looking Darkmin felt confident he wanted to end up there, and as the dark cloud of birds flew overhead, screeching in panic, he felt a small satisfaction in their fear, and a great anticipation for what was the come.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:20 am

In the village at the foot of Mount Volknar, an innkeeper cast a wary eye at the cloud of screeching birds that seem to have come from the forest. There weren't many superstitions regarding birds in Sagna, but after seeing this and the foreboding sense of dread that went with it, the innkeeper imagined there soon would be.

The innkeeper wanted nothing more than to close shop for the night, denying any travelers rest and turning them away. But coin was coin, and business kept his family fed. He sighed, and continued busying himself around the inn. Maybe the birds were another of the queen's tricks, he thought. But soon he shook his head, as it was impossible. The Queen of Ash and Blood had no care for birds.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:25 am

Darkmin found himself hunting after the smell of alcohol and food, humans gathered together in Gentri at taverns for social activities among other things and were a great source of information there so surely a similar principle would apply here in Sagna? Standing in the doorway of the tavern Darkmin held a smile upon his face, standing in the dark frame he realized he would need some money, but perhaps information would be a suitable bartering tool? Approaching he bar he turned his head up. "Good evening sir keeper, I beg of you what land have I wandered to? I bear grave news I'm afraid."
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:29 am

The innkeeper raised a worried brow. "You dont know what land you've entered, traveler?" he started in gravelly tones. "This is Sagna, kingdom of Ash and Blood. There isnt much for you here, and it's best you continued on East."

He really meant to turn the traveler away, anywhere else was safer than in Sagna, but what the man said last piqued his interest. "What news do you bring?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:35 am

Sagna, The Land of Blood and Ash, Darkmin's heart raced, Dark stories had been told of this land in Gentri. Ever since the previosu king had died, and his daughter had taken reign thigns had become grim and Sagna a land to suit her whims. The nobility of Gentri scoffed at Sagna's lack of virtues beforehand and how it was a source of near outrage for them, the peasants suffered and the Queen engaged in heretical magic.

How utterly exciting! That Darkmin had been lured here by the sweet scent of chaos, he felt himself craving even more to begin his work in this land.

"Gentri has been destroyed, I have traveled from there through the woods for days. The wolves, are devouring the villagers and many of the knights have gone rogue in attempts to steal the crown from the head of the Dead King. It has fallen into utter chaos." Darkmin told maintaining his Gentri accent, if the Barkeep had ever chanced heard it from a traveler.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:42 am

"Gentri has fallen?" the innkeeper said in disbelief.

He knew Gentri and Sagna were allies. Tenuous at best, but allies. The queen would likely hear of this come the morning, and blood would flow again from the castle. That the kingdom would fall so suddenly was a great shock but it gave the innkeeper an idea. If he was the first to tell the Red Sisters this news, perhaps the queen would grant him a reward.

"You've had a long journey indeed, traveler." he said. "We have food and drink, and a free room upstairs if you wish.|
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:46 am

Information was worth more than gold at times, and that proved true yet again. Darkmin smiled, thank you kind sir. I will gladly partake in your generosity. Pray tell me since I am now destitute and must find my way about in this land, what can you tell me of it? I know very little save for the previous King's reign." Now that he had the innkeeper hooked he hoped he could fish for more information from him. Any little detail could be the thread that unravels a Kingdom. The smell of food wafted through the air, reminding Darkmin of his mortal needs as well, "my that does smell mighty fine." he commented quietly.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:58 am

The innkeeper chuckled. "My wife's cooking. Best there is at the base of Volknar." He brought out a bowl of stewed meat and vegetables, and offered the traveler a stein of ale.

"Since you know of the King, you'd have heard of his daughters." The innkeeper began. "The Red Sisters, they're called. Queen Haedria is the elder, and a mage of great power. They say that those born with strange dark markings on their bodies are born with magic. The queen's mage markings wind down her arms and back, the barest sign of the great power she wields. The younger one, Princess Sera, is no frail maiden. She's the Knight Protector, sworn sword of the queen. I once saw her spar with the palace guards. She defeated the elite guards, men much taller and stronger than her. They were no match for her flurry of blades."

"I'd not cross them if I were you. There was once a group of Northernmen who came to the castle seeking an alliance. Rumors were that the chief of them mentioned that the queen's magic was a heretical force, and that she should be locked away. The queen slaughtered them all, piling the bodies at the castle gates to let the river of blood flow down into the village as a warning. She spared only two: beautiful twin women with blonde hair as bright as gold, skin white as frost, and eyes a shining bright blue. Rumors again say that these "Twin Towers" were kept by the queen for her amusement. I personally don't know what became of them."
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:09 am

Darkmin gave a gracious look and accepted the ale and stew eating is heartily and listening eagerly to the innkeepers tales. "Aye his daughter's, they were wee little ones since I'd last heard anything solid of them. Though the Gentri nobles disliked the Queen's magic as well. This stew is delicious by the way I think your wife is definitely the best here in Volknar?" Drinking the ale Darkmin cooled his voice and began to think quickly, "So the royals has a soft spot for women eh? surprising considering how blood loving they seem to be, alas I recall hearing of their birth and how the Gentri's Noble lady's swooned over their charming looks. Well save the magic signs of the eldest mind you, but to think they'd turn out like this! How has the Kingdom fared since the crown passed?"
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:16 am

"Hah! I'll tell my wife of your kind words traveler, thank you." the innkeeper said with a smile.

"Despite all the blood shed, life in Sagna is fair." he continued. "During particularly dry seasons, the farmers go up to the castle to ask the queen for help. She casts spells on the field for rain and growth and the like. Trade is good. The kingdom's main source of gold is from the trade of weapons forged in Mount Volknar. No finer steel can be found in the world, I assure you. The queen set up a school a few years ago, and the princess established a patrol through the village."

"Although of course, everyone is terrified to even look upon the Red Sisters. If you see a flash of blood red or flaming hair, look away lest you earn their ire."
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:22 am

Darkmin nodded, "Well Magic has infinite benefits I suppose. I am glad to hear this land is fair, mayhaps I can find solace in the fact that starting life again may not be so hard. say, say you get many travelers coming this way sir? I'm hoping to find more of my countrymen if only to let them know what has befallen their homeland, or perhaps start seeing if any refugees have begun making their way out of the woods or if perhaps I am the first." Darkmin adopted a look of concern on his face as he looked up to the innkeeper having fiished both stew and ale.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:27 am

"I'm sorry to hear about your countrymen, but you're the first one I've seen from that land today." The innkeeper said. "They the night here, and perhaps we'll see more from Gentri by the morning."

He came out from behind the bar and whipped on a coat. "I have to run off, traveler. The available room is upstairs, first door on the right." He nodded to the traveler and went out the door, hurrying up the long path towards the Red Sister's castle.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:30 am

Darkmin nodded towards the innkeeper, "safe journey to you sir and thank you again for all your kindness." As he rounded out the door Darkmin stood himself up and made his way up the stairs and into the room. It would do poorly to skulk about in the night without being familiar with the land, least he become the next person the Red Sisters cut down perhaps thinking he was a spy. Besides, the morning would bring opportunities for him to gather more information from the people of Sagna.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:39 am

The innkeeper never made it home the next morning, as he forgot a crucial piece of information regarding the Red Sisters: Queen Haedria hated hearing bad news, no matter how crucial it was. Spikes that lined the walls of the castle gate had a new addition with a freshly decapitated head upon its point.

The next morning, Queen Haedria was assessing the situation with Gentri. Now that the kingdom was leaderless, would it be wise to attack and claim it for Sagna? The queen was restless and anxious, and Sera let her sister lock herself in her study to plan and brood.

The younger of the sisters decided to patrol through the town in the mean time. Sera donned a black and red surcoat with the Sagnian crest, over a chain mail shirt. She strapped her twin swords to her waist and took the path down into the village, unaccompanied by guards. The palace guards were well aware of her skill in battle, and were confident the princess didnt need them to accompany her.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:48 am

Morning dawned and with it Darkmin. Having rested comfortably in the bed he made his way to the first floor where he had met the Innkeeper last night. Unsurprisingly it was unoccupied, "Tis early in the morning for anyone to be drinking and such when there's work to be done, and since they have few travelers here." Darkmin thought aloud, donning his gray cloak once more he took to the streets. The bustling city of Sagna sat at the very base of the mountain that he had spied from so far away in the forest. 'Ah this must be Volknar then, not the city.' Darkmin thought, embarrassed he hadn't caught it earlier. Ah well, he began his campaign of information hunting, while simultaneously spreading fear. The word that Gentri had fallen spread with Darkmin, it served as a way of bragging but also bartering useful info. Merchants, Priests, Scholars and more began to hear about Gentri and its mysterious fall. Peasants began to talk of omens and the birds that had taken rise in the sky late last night. Darkmin was learning in exchange about the general state of affairs, the economy, the religion of Sagna, the history, and how unfortunate was he that he had not yet seen his poor dear family having escaped from Gentri. Sympathies and warnings grew around him, "Be wary of the Red Sisters" It seemed they did well for the country, but yet were still treated cautiously. A hush fell as Darkmin became embroiled with his own thoughts, walking absent-minded in the path of a Red haired Knight.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:55 am

"Excuse me." Sera said plainly, as a man in a worn cloak wandered into her way. The peasants around her all stopped what they were doing, and silence fell around the two of them. The villagers stared, wide eyed in shock. No one ever dared to get into the Red Sister's way. This man would surely be dead within a few moments.

"Are you a traveler, sir?" Sera asked.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:00 am

Darkmin broke from his thoughts and looked up, Red hair, Knightly armour, a fair face with beautiful eyes. Pausing momentarily he tried to waive off, what .. nervousness? A smile and sad smile, practiced meticulously crept onto his face. The peasants around him hushed, this girl must be Sera, one of the Red Sisters, the knightly one. "Ah, yes mi'lady I am a traveler." Taking a quick and practiced moment to look around, to make himself seem as though he was unaware of his surroundings he turned back to Sera. "Ah, I have crossed into your path please excuse my absent-mindedness." He stepped to his side, not too quickly to show fear, but not too slowly to show rudeness. "My apologies." he said giving a courteous Gentri styled bow.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:06 am

Sera noticed immediately that this man's clothes were foreign, his accent strange. He seemed to be unfamiliar with his surroundings, and did not act with fear as the other peasants did. And his bow was most certainly from a neighboring kingdom.

"You are from Gentri, correct?" Sera asked, returning his bow with one befitting a Sagnian knight. "I've heard of what happened. My condolences, sir. Did you come here to seek refuge from the chaos?"
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:00 am

Darkmin perked up, "How astute, why yes I am traveler and Gentri both, and unfortunately yes I did come this way seeking refuge from the chaos of my homeland. Chaos, yes what an apt way to put what is going on there now, horrid affair. Thank you for your condolences, Ah pray tell Mi'lady have you heard or seen any of my fellow countrymen? Perhaps a young woman with a child?" Darkmin looked at Sera with hope in his eyes. "She'd be a young lass may about your age, brunette hair, beautiful blue eyes. Oh and the child would just be a wee one about yay high." He said thrusting his arm downwards and bending over to indicate perhaps a small toddler. "A little girl she would be. If you've seen her please Mi'lady."
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:16 am

The traveler had such a look of grief and worry, that Sera's expression softened. She wanted to help him. And after the tragedy that had occurred in Gentri, hearing that none of his countrymen have made it through the forest so far would be devastating. Especially if it was his wife and child.

Sera glanced around at the peasants gathered. They shrank back, hastily averting their gaze, and turning away as if to busy themselves. She didnt see anyone similar to what the traveler described, but perhaps she just hasnt seen them yet or the wife and child were farther down in the town.

"I have not seen them yet, my apologies." Sera replied. "But I will look out for them. I will explain to my sister your circumstances, sir. You are safe here in Sagna."

Sera called over the nearest guard and explained that he is to keep an eye out for the traveler's family. If the wife and child are seen, they are all to be brought to the castle immediately.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:39 am

Eyeig Sera's expression through Darkmin for a loop. This was the feared princess of the Sagnian Kingdom? A being of such thoughtfulness as to visibly sympathize with a stranger's plight? A woman of such beauty as the make the mountains mourn? A woman who commanded with such authority. She would be a useful asset, and a valuable tool. "Oh thank you and your virtues Mi'lady." Darkmin said falling into another bow. "I will not forget your kindness to me this day, should I ever be restored to a capable position I will endeavor to repay you." Pulling out of his bow he looked around, the peasants were afraid, even despite Sera's kind show? Goodness such fear is rooted deep in their bones. "But alas, I fear I have kept you long enough. I will not endeavor to be a burden, I shall see if I cannot find sign of them among the village." Darkmin went to take a step but paused, "Oh I'm sorry, but before I go the Innkeeper of um .... over there The corner closest to the outskirts, by the blacksmith." He said waving in the direction of the tavern, "was very kind and helpful to me, and he sought to bring the palace the news of Gentri as I had relayed it to him, could you give him my sincerest thanks? Such kindness reflects ever so well on Sagna. Oh but I have kept you even longer now, I apologize I must adieu, once again my thanks." and with a final bow Darkmin began to make his path throughout the village once more.
Back to top Go down
KittyCyrael

KittyCyrael

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:06 pm

Sera nodded back to the traveler, but didn't move on right away. She thought about the innkeeper the man mentioned, and glanced back to the castle walls. Sera knew her sister had punished an innocent man for simply bringing news. She knew very well, as she was the one who swung the sword. The newest head on the castle wall pikes must be the innkeeper.

Sera sighed and resumed walking. She would have to order a guard to bring coin as compensation to the innkeeper's wife in the dead of night. That was her secret role as her sister's second. Always running about to rectify the queen's bloodthirsty mistakes.

There was a brawl by the town square, and Sera went to investigate. Once close enough, silence and fear fell on the peasants as the usually do once catching sight of flaming red hair. The cause of the fight was a thief who was caught in the act by a merchant. With a flash of blades, Sera walked away even before the thief's head hit the ground.
Back to top Go down
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord
Admin
Shade_The_Shadow_Lord

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:41 am

Darkmin looked back as Sera left to continue her patrol, villagers crowding and murmuring, all agreed that the strange traveler from Gentri's encounter with the Red Sister had gone exceptionally well, lucky enough to survive the catastrophe of Gentri lucky enough to survive a Red Sister they supposed. Though Darkmin was willing to bet that his luck was still strong as he proceeded to watch Sera's subsequent decapitation and swift justice, after all he had described perfectly well what his 'wife' looked like. Once he had got some more information, enough to be confident in the realm he would proceed with the next step. He would for now, shadow Sera and try to memorize her route.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reboot: Veiled Chaos   Reboot: Veiled Chaos Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Reboot: Veiled Chaos
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next